Help! I'm new and need friends!

Options
Hello everyone!

I have tried this before but without support. It gets really lonely and boring and I quickly become unmotivated. Therefore, I am reaching out to you all in order to receive encouragement. I am trying to lose about 8 pounds and really tone up. My biggest weakness is alcohol. I love going out on the weekends with my friends and alcohol is always involved. Not to mention when I go out to dinner with my parents they drink too. Lately, I have found myself having two to three drinks every other night and I am ready to cut down again. I am trying to limit myself to drinking only on Fridays or Saturdays. Another big weakness is cookies and cake. I love love love cake and it's always around at my job. It's so hard to resist the yummy temptation sitting in the break room :/

As far as fitness goes, I have been pretty good about working out except for the past three weeks. Yesterday I decided to get back on the fitness wagon and train for a half marathon. I also want to go to yoga at least twice a week. I know I can do this but it will be easier with advice and encouragement.

Thanks everyone!
Kasey (25 years old @ 133 pounds)

Replies

• stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like :) I have an issue with drinking on saturdays with my friends... I've been trying to be the DD. lol. We are all in this together! You can do it!
  • vlatham_2006
    Options
    I want friends too. I would love the support, and accountability.
    Lets do this!! : )
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Alcohol... is sssssssoooo hard, when you are a social butterfly. lol !! I just try to limit my partying to 1x a month ( which is my heavy drinking and party).

Remember when we drink... our body is trained to burn off all the alcohol first... not fat. :-( bboooo! We want the fat to go first.

Feel free to add me for support! The more the merrier... it's really motivating to see other progress!

Have a great hump day!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    We all have our weaknesses, but it's overcoming those weaknesses and working hard at what we want that really defines us. Weightloss can be really hard without motivation or support from friends/family. Feel free to add me as a friend! Always looking for support myself and those I can support as well.
  • wifenmotherx3
    wifenmotherx3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me to! i need some weightloss buddies! =]
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well, we are in this together as MFP's!
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. We're about the same age and in the same boat. I have a small amount of weight to lose but I need to tone up more than lose weight! Good luck!
    In fact, anyone who wants some more friends, feel free to add me!
  • dirtchick97
    dirtchick97 Posts: 58
    Options
    You can add me if you like! :)
  • Piskie26
    Piskie26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too and would love to have friends on here to help and motivate me too so feel free to add me. We always have cakes in our office and a little trick I've picked up is to have a sneaky stash of meringue nests that last for ages and will be a little treat but for only about 50 calories!
  • eligracie2011
    Options
    u can add me too. im looking for friends too :-)
  • vmatya01
    vmatya01 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think I'm in the same boat... Just about every weekend the drinks come in, then once I've been drinking everything sounds good to me. By the time it's 2:30 it's time for that forth meal, if you know what I mean, and there goes my diet. I need a support system too!
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like :D
    Angela