Guess how many calories my SMALL blizzard had?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
My daughter had day surgery today, and as a treat, we went to dairy queen. A small cookie dough blizzard has over 700 calories. I didn't know they could pack that many calories into that small cup. It was all kinds of good, but I don't know if it was 720 calories worth of good. :noway:

Replies

• SulisVioletWings
    Options
    Wow... That's pretty wild!

I have an occasional McDonalds flurry and it's almost the same...
    Yummy while you eat it but really takes up your daily allotment!.
    I make sure not to have one too often like I used to....

Keep up the great work BTW!!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: OMG! that is so wrong of them!
    besides i thought TREAT calories don't count:) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: don't we all wish!
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I've discovered, by doing the same thing as you several times, that anything ice cream is bad when had outside of the home. Actually desert period (unless its homemade) is a killer. :( And I so love ice cream and chocolate cakes at resturants too.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get dragged to dairy queen I get the small chocolate cone which isn't quite so bad. I get all sad ordering it staring up at the delicious blizzard sign... until its in my hands and I remember, "Hey! This is delicious chocolate ice cream!"

crap now I want ice cream
  • pooh70
    pooh70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen is an evil place, but sometimes you just have to treat yourself. I like the small vanilla cup of ice cream with the hard butterscotch topping on it (not the best but not the worse either). :smile:

Great now I am craving ice cream! DQ here I come. :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I love Bruster's extra thick vanilla shake. It has about 1000 or so calories but it was worth it. I'd just walk in the house and get on the treadmill.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you live in New York City there was a recent law passed that every food has to have its calorie written on it. Example Baskin and Robbins 4 ounces of ice cream 450 calories that is a kids size. Dave & Barry's there was nothing on the menu less than 650 calories. I live in NJ but I tell hubby if we go out to eat it must be in NY so I won't be so tempted.:devil: :noway:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I went to DQ for a cheat day. My small Oreo blizzard was like 560.. grrr.
    Oh how I love Oreo blizzards though...
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    They had the blizzard of the month advertised on this site (where the kroger is now) and it was for Cookie Jar Blizzard. Oreos + cookie dough....:love: When I go to DQ I love to get peanut buster parfait!
  • kaliena22
    Options
    I read the opening of this thread to my husband and his response was "luckily I never ate a 'small' blizzard". LOL!

As I sit and reminisce of frozen dairy treats gone by, I realize that we used to end an evening out with a large blizzard (1200cal/50fat).
    A normal weekend dinner at Outback, which began with a Shared Bloomin onion (1574cal/140fat), 16oz porterhouses (960cal/53fat), and baked potatoes with all the fixings (482cal/18fat) and ended with a run to Dairy Queen totaled 4216 cal/261fat just for one meal!!!! How did I ever think that I got this big through no fault of my own?!

Now I large blizzard is just about the entire calorie& fat intake of my entire day (give or take). WOW, what a revelation, thanks for sharing this thread!
  • kaliena22
    Options
    PS I guess that makes Outback and evil place also!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My problem with DQ. Why get a small, when medium or large is only xx cents more.

My thinking. Why pay $3.49 for a small blizzard, when a medium is $4.19 and a large is $4.89
    Why not get the large , I'm saving $$$$ :laugh: :laugh:

Gasp.. Large blizzard which I enjoyed often (Oreo), has..
    :blushing:
    980 calories
    36g of fat
    109 g of sugar
  • kaliena22
    Options
    My problem with DQ. Why get a small, when medium or large is only xx cents more.

My thinking. Why pay $3.49 for a small blizzard, when a medium is $4.19 and a large is $4.89
    Why not get the large , I'm saving $$$$ :laugh: :laugh:

Gasp.. Large blizzard which I enjoyed often (Oreo), has..
    :blushing:
    980 calories
    36g of fat
    109 g of sugar

Oh yeah I forgot the sugar content. LOL!
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    ohhhh this thread is evil!