First time posting on the success board

Options
bojamashell
bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
This is my first time posting on the success board. I still have a long way to go, but I felt that I needed to post this to encourage me to keep going (my motivation has been dwindling the past week).

Reality check for me- Saturday at the store, I had to pick up dog food. I'm not supposed to be lifting that heavy, but I did it anyways. 40lb bag. As I loaded it into the trunk of my car, thinking about how heavy the dang thing was...it hit me....I'VE LOST THAT MUCH WEIGHT!!!! Wow. Granted, it's condensed inside of a bag, but as heavy as that was and the effort I had to put forth to pick it up....to think I'd been carrying that around all over my body at one point!!! Wow. So maybe if I'm not seeing a difference in size, I'm not having to carry that around any more!! :)

Replies

• Dana_283
    Dana_283 Posts: 58
    Options
    Great Job, I never thought about it that way. Keep up the good work. You will be at your goal in no time. I have the same amount weight to loose that you do, I just a little behind you.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That is awesome for motivation. I was thinking that other day as I walked down the baking isle at Walmart that I have lost 5 bags of sugar. Good Post
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG:)
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great way of thinking, love this!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've had that same realization! Good job!
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    40 pounds is a lot! That is awesome that you have come this far! I can't wait until I can say those same words. You are inspiring!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job ..... awesome, in fact ...... keep on truckin' !
  • jesscod
    jesscod Posts: 98
    Options
    Haha I always think about this when I am grocery shopping. I don't have a car so I walk my groceries home - 20 lbs is a lot of weight to carry, not to mention 40 lbs! Awesome job on your weight loss BTW :)
  • candygrl26
    candygrl26 Posts: 17
    Options
    That's so awesome! Keep it up :)
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    My husband made me cry a few months ago, when he told me to pick up a dumb bell that he sat in the kitchen. I knew by looking at it that it was way more weight than I was going to be able to pick up, so I said I can't pick that up. He said yes you can--pick it up. Again I said I can't. He said "you have been carrying that much weight around every day for years" Moral to my story, I could barely lift it off the floor, it weighed 51 lbs -- the amount of weight that I had lost to that day. That was my ah ha moment so I know exactly what your talking about with the 40 lbs of dogfood!!! Awesome success post, thanks for sharing.
  • bojamashell
    bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kudos and responses! One of these days, it'll be over 4 bags of dog food! Now if I could just get my breathing problems under control (was okay, just recently started bothering me- think my asthma's trying to come back), I will step it up a notch with my exercise.

Ccarpe- that's fantastic! Congrats on those 60lbs!! My husband couldn't believe it when I told him about the dog food. Haha. It's one thing to look up how much things weigh (gallon of milk, etc.,), but it's something else to actually try to lift it and feel how heavy it is!
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that I am approaching the weight of a bag of water softener salt, which I hate moving around because they're so heavy. I can't wait until I hit 40 lbs gone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!