Any suggestions for alternative to 30 Day Shred?

prov31jd
prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
Anyone have suggestions for an alternative to the 30 Day Shred DVD Workout? I've enjoyed the circuit training, and I like the 20-25 minute intense workout format. But I'm tired of Jillian, and would like ideas for a DVD workout similar in both intensity and focus. . . .just NOT JILLIAN.

All suggestions welcome -- thanks in advance!

Replies

• mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Bob Harper has some great videos, different enough from Jillian, longer; also with weights.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver Training- 32 minutes, compounds moves, light weights and a circuit approach to raise the heart rate.

Shape Bikini Body Transforming- 3 workouts of 30ish minutes each. One is circuit, one is interval cardio and the other is a mixture. There are 3 instructors, and a different one takes the lead in each workout.

Chris Freytag- 10lb x treme slimdown- I really like these workouts. There are about 10 different ones with 4 circuit ones (lower, upper, core and total) and some other workouts. I really like Chris as an instructor. I find her motivating and encouraging and calmer than Jillian.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Try putting your own together =)
  • prov31jd
    Try putting your own together =)

OK, so this is a good goal! :happy:

For right now, I feel like I need a little more guidance first -- hope to be confident enough to develop my own custom program someday!
  • prov31jd
    Thanks, mpf1 and kalynn06 for the suggestions. I will check them out!
  • lisa_m
    lisa_m Posts: 5
    I second Jackie Warner's Xtreme Timesaver Training. I did it last night and it's tough. Lots of emphasis on arms/shoulders and all moves are compound. It's ~30 miutes which I like better than 30 Day Shred. I actually did Level 1 of 30 Day Shred and Xtreme Timesaver Training last night (wanted more than 20 minutes exercise) and some of the moves in Jackie's DVD I had to modify because my arms were shaking.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    YouTube has a fitness channel called BeFit that has free workout videos including Workout with the Stars. They also promote their BeFit in 90 days program which is a set of workouts that include warm up, cardio, weight training, and a yoga or cool down session in under 35 minutes per day (it also incorporates rest days.) Doing this program helped me figure out what workouts work best for me and now I confidently look for other free videos that target what I want to workout.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    I've always loved The Firm. The DVD I am currently into is Get Chisled. It is an all over body toning workout with bursts of cardio incorporated. Including warm up and cool down, I think it comes to about 40-45 min.
  • prov31jd
    Thank you all for the suggestions -- I have some reasearch to do. :happy: I'm sure I'll be able to find something I like among these. Thanks again!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com are great places to "window shop" for (and buy) fitness DVDs. They show video clips, list equipment required, impact level ...... loads of information. You get a good idea of what you are buying.