30 Day Shred Calories. (Females, please answer!)

Options
I'm 5'6". 160 pounds.
Some people are saying to log your calories as "Circuit Training". If I were to log all 30 minutes, it says I'd burn 290 calories. Thing is when I work out, I go hard. So only 290 sounds low.
Or am I just overexaggerating? Lol.

If any other women on here are 5'6" and around my weight - tell me how many calories you burn!

Replies

• amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 as well. And currently at 189 (goal is 152)

I always log it under circuit training. Her work outs are tough and I go all the way too. But I figured it's better to under estimate than over estimate cals burned. The only other thing to do would be to get a HRM (currently saving for one) bc i wouldn't at all be shocked if we burn more cals than what is shown on MFP.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am not your height. But when I was doing 30DS using a HRM, it's pretty close to the circuit training calories on MFP.
  • echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    It is really close. I did it with a heart rate monitor as well and it logged between 268 and 312. I am 5'5"
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weighed about 170 - 165 while I was doing 30DS. I used an HRM and would burn anywhere from 250 - 310 cals. I started my HRM when the warm up began and stopped it at the end of the cool down. I got a higher burn when I worked out in the mornings and lower in the evening, especially if I had to wait until my daughter was in bed to exercise.

Edited to say: you can add me as a friend if you'd like. I've also done Ripped in 30 and currently doing Killer Buns & Thighs.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weighed between 153-158 while doing 30DS. I tracked as circuit training general for the first few days until I got my HRM. Once I got my HRM, I used those numbers... For me it varied between 175-285 for how many calories I burned... So 290 sounds like it's pretty close to accurate, IMO anyway...
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I personally don't log it as 30 minutes. From warm-up to the end of circuit 3 is 25 minutes. I don't count the cool-down since i'm not really doing anything.

I think 30 minutes would overestimate for me.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I do Ripped (which is similar to 30 DS), and only log the actual workout, not the warm-up, cool-down or pep talk. That comes to only around 20 minutes.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM... And log from the time I start till even a minute or two after I finish if my heart rate is still high... I've done Ripped in 30 twice and the burn was 265 & 261. For my 30DS numbers, I really did have a day that was only 175, but most of the time it was in the 235-260 range. Some days were higher, some a bit lower... But that's from when I start moving to generally a couple minutes after I was done. It was always at least 29 minutes, FWIW.
  • nikkiielizabeth3
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I never actually saw the 30 Day Shred video until finishing Day 1 about 30 minutes ago so I thought it was a lot more. I sweat my *kitten* off, though! Lol!
    From what I just finished, 290 seems accurate and I was just overestimating it. Hahaha.
    Thank you, though!