One slip up and then you crash?

Options
Does anyone else have the problem where you're doing well and then you eat one bad thing one day and then you just kind of give up and eat everything in sight? I do this every time, i probably eat like 4000 calories on these days :(. I just lose total self-control! Even when I know i'll regret it more than anything the next day- I still do it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I copied this from a post earlier today

"HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."

from tumblr
    Report Post Quote
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I do this on occasion, though I'm trying quite hard to not let it go that far. Sorry, no suggestions, I just thought you might feel a little better if you knew that you aren't the only one.:smile:
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the problem where you're doing well and then you eat one bad thing one day and then you just kind of give up and eat everything in sight? I do this every time, i probably eat like 4000 calories on these days :(. I just lose total self-control! Even when I know i'll regret it more than anything the next day- I still do it. Any suggestions?

This is so me. For example, two weekends ago I went to Daytona for a much needed mini get away. I knew that Saturday was going to be a "bad" day because I planned on going out to dinner and drinking at a few of the local bars. This doesn't happen every time, but it took me over a WEEK to get back on the wagon (I didn't overeat every day and every meal, but in general, I was in the red). I just lost all self control just like you said. Thankfully, I am back on track and don't feel like it's detered me too much.
  • StartingOver12
    Options
    Yep, in fact nearly 4 years ago after I had lost 80 pounds and kept it off 7 years I had a "slip up" one weekend and it turned into 3 years and 80 pounds gained right back. I'm 1/3 of the way back to my goal and I've already had another 3 weeks where I just fell off the wagon.
    It's a constant battle.
  • skybluesounds
    Options
    bump