Supplements - What do you take daily?

Options
aj_31
aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
So now that I'm on board with eating right and lifting weights I'm trying to figure out what type of supplements I should be taking. I already have a protein powder I use after lifting so I have that covered.

What else are you all taking and how much do you take a day? I noticed some people take CLA, Green Tea Extract, B12, etc.

Please enlighten me.

Replies

• JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Morning: daily vitamin, glutamine, fish oil, green tea extract, Calcium w/D&K
    afternoon: glutamine, fish oil, green tea extract, CoQ10, Calcium w/D&K
    late afternoon: b12
    evening: glutamine, fish oil, potassium, calcium/zinc/magnesium.. sometimes glucosamine...
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Morning: daily vitamin, glutamine, fish oil, green tea extract, Calcium w/D&K
    afternoon: glutamine, fish oil, green tea extract, CoQ10, Calcium w/D&K
    late afternoon: b12
    evening: glutamine, fish oil, potassium, calcium/zinc/magnesium.. sometimes glucosamine...

Wow that is a lot! I'm going to go and look these all up now.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    One multivitamin every other day, which was what my doctor recommended after my blood work. =)
  • bbshell0219
    bbshell0219 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm new to the whole weight training deal myself and I'm going to ask my trainer and I'll get back to you about this..
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, Calcium, Vitamin D3, and B-complex--that's it. :flowerforyou:
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I take women's one-a-day active metabloism. That's it. XD
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, D3, B-complex, and fish oil.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ice cream
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Men's multivitamin, vegan DHA/EPA, Calcium with Vitamin D, as directed by my Dr. I also take Echinacea for an immune system boost, Cinnamon, and Turmeric for insulin resistance, Potassium for blood pressure, and Saw Palmetto for prostate health.
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I take women multivitamin, fish oil, spirulina, glucosamine and green tea extract, probiotic.

Before taking taking any supplements, consult with your doctor. Mine has told me to take fish oil and glucosamine, approved of spirulina, green tea and probiotic, and told me to take multivitamin only as needed, since some days I get all the necessary vitamins from the food I eat and some vitamins you shouldn't take in excess. I ditched the probiotic capsules and I'm now drinking DanActive.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin, calcium, fish oil and glucosomine (for my joints - I no longer have knee pain).

I only take the liquid caps except for the glucosomine which I only take the capsule. I have this thing in my head that makes me believe the absorb better than tablets :-) maybe it matters, maybe not - but it makes me feel better about it.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    An OTC Prenatal and zinc. Actually I take the zinc because somebody said mosquitos do not prey on those who have sufficient zinc. Lies! I won't be buying more when this bottle is gone.
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ice cream

HAHAHAHA @ ice cream! =)

I take a multi-vitamin (liqui-gel), Omega 3,6,9 (liqui-gel), Calcium with Vit D and magnesium (tablet), and Chondroitin/glucosamine (for the creaky painful joints).
    I should add that protein powder is a staple in my diet that I usually have DAILY, usually take after my lifting workouts, but it's also been very convenient for me when I can't get in a meal because of my hectic schedule but I try to stay with natural food as much as possible.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    EAS 100% Whey Protein after each workout and Smoothie King whole nutrition Total-Body Multi for men vitamin.