Workouts at Work

Options
Hi y'all! I work full time and I hate just sitting at this desk alllll dayyyy longggg....I was wondering if anyone had anygood exercises that could be done real quick at work. I ran up the stairs with my mom yesterday and my legs turned so wobbly I almost fell down them haha but that is always a good workout...any suggestions are highly welcome. HELP!

Replies

• EleanorCrosby
    EleanorCrosby Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    any at all??
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Depending on your office culture there's a couple of things you can do.
    For example Take the STairs for every trip.
    Walk to your co workers Cubicle or desk instead of emailing, IM'ing, or Calling
    Take an hour for lunch, and use half of it to go for a brisk walk (the kind that leaves you winded)
    Use a Stabilitiy Ball instead of your desk chair
    Use ankle weights on occaision
    Take 5 minute stretch breaks and do a few yoga poses.

Denise
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk on your lunch break.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Use your lunch hour to walk around the parking lot. I'm fortunate enough to work across the street from a nice park, and I went out for 35 minutes today and walked 2.25 miles. Burned 208 calories! If you can't use your lunch, just step out for 15 minutes during the day to walk. Most companies embrace their employees' desires to keep fit. And if they don't, remind them that they are likely smokers in your building who spend at least that much time outside each day doing things that clearly aren't healthy.

Also, pack your lunch!! This saves so much money and calories, and lets you sit at your desk and eat while you work, since you spent your lunch hour walking. ;)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Me and my co-workers walk at work. We mapped out a mile :)
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    go to the bathroom more often. especially if your bathroom is far away, like in our office!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If your office is equipped for it, you could bring in a workout dvd, book a conference room and invite some coworkers to work out with you. It may be a little extra work moving some stuff out of the way in the room, but the more people to help, the faster it goes.
    I just completed the Insanity program with some of my coworkers during our lunch hours, and the support and encouragement we gave each other helped each of us stick with it.
  • aswieser
    aswieser Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi y'all! I work full time and I hate just sitting at this desk alllll dayyyy longggg....I was wondering if anyone had anygood exercises that could be done real quick at work. I ran up the stairs with my mom yesterday and my legs turned so wobbly I almost fell down them haha but that is always a good workout...any suggestions are highly welcome. HELP!

My office is a mobile home that was converted. I'm the only one in here and it gets veryyyyyyy boring. Sometimes when my legs start to fall asleep from all the sitting I lay on the floor and do a short ab workout. 3 minutes or so.. 6 different exercises 20-25 times without stopping. Trust me, you'll feel it the next day. Hope this helps. Just don't tell my boss :wink:
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If your office is equipped for it, you could bring in a workout dvd, book a conference room and invite some coworkers to work out with you. It may be a little extra work moving some stuff out of the way in the room, but the more people to help, the faster it goes.
    I just completed the Insanity program with some of my coworkers during our lunch hours, and the support and encouragement we gave each other helped each of us stick with it.
    You didn't find it got you too sweaty to go back to work? I'm assuming a desk job mind you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like to walk on my lunch (1/2 hour) ... except when it's too warm, too cold, rainy, etc. I keep a walking video & an MP3 player in my desk & close the door.

Here are a few other ideas

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/express/10-minute/get-rid-of-job-related-jiggle/

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/yoga-pilates/5-min-yoga.htm?sssdmh=dm17.558940&esrc=nwftn110711&email=1290104

http://fitdeck.com/fitness-bodyweight-only/office/

Resistance bands are great, the kind without the handles. Just fold these up for storage. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/equipment/resistance-band-exercises/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You didn't find it got you too sweaty to go back to work? I'm assuming a desk job mind you.

A little sweat is OK - bring some baby wipes and extra deodorant. But, yeah - Insanity ....seems too sweaty for me.
  • EleanorCrosby
    EleanorCrosby Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all these ideas!!! I try to get out and walk at least once a day but I might try the workout dvd on Friday just for fun! See if anyone will do it with me.