how did you do it?

2»

Replies

• glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Please share with us how did you do it? Even if you are not done yet, what kind of exercise you do? Are yoy following a special program or diet? Are you just counting calories? What worked for you and what didn't?

Caloric intake reduction, but nothing severe.
    Ample increase in cardio, but again, nothing strenuous, mostly walking.
    Diet modifications, carbs way down, protein up, fruits and vegetables up.
    Strength training, 5 days a week during active weight loss time.
    Supplements, although they have little to do with weight loss.
    Everything worked pretty well, 9 months to below goal weight. Good luck with yours.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    A constantly changing mixture of eating clean, running, strength training (P90X, and my own workout at the gym with free weights), HIIT, and intermittent fasting.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    My trainer asked me this same question(because I told him I ate cookies and ice cream through out my entire weight loss and he looked at me like I had three heads).

I did it by eating less, exercising(both cardio and strength) and cutting out alcohol.. I think the alcohol made the biggest impact along with the food.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 784 Member
    Treadmill, weights, circuit training, dancing.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Eating clean, mild deficit, gym at least 4 days a week. Lot's of weight training, a little cardio, and yoga.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Keep my calories above my BMR.
    Eat some of my exercise calories.
    Walking.
    C25K training
    Circuit training
    Eat healthier
    Eat with moderation not wild, hedonistic abandon.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    I count my calories, and do an hour or so on the treadmill each day (I can't lift due to injury). I also follow a low-fat, mostly vegan diet.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Eating healthy, running, and strength training.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Eating clean is personal preference. It has zero bearing on fat loss.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    bump
  • Thanks everyone! Im doing turbo jam and want to add chLean extreme when I'm ready. Im also cuting back calories and trying to eat better but sometimes I feel the weight is coming off really slow. It' ok... I dont see.it as a diet no more but a lifestyle change! I noticed some of you said to lift weights and no cardio? Really? Why is that?
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    I feel I have accomplished something so far, and I feel it was changing my approach to life, not just food.

Instead of sitting on the couch all night pigging out and watching tv, I go to the gym (which I like more now) Instead of having dominos on a saturday night, I make a barbecue, instead of having a big bag of doritos, I have a small bag.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    So far, mine hasn't been half as complicated as many of these! Stay within calorie limits and take the car less about sums up my method.
    Seems to be working!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Patience.
    Small to moderate calorie deficit.
    30% protein intake.
    Heavy weight lifting.
    Occasional cardio.
    Teaching myself how to stay within my macros and calorie goals when eating out, drinking, going to parties.
    Accepting plateaus as part of the natural process.
    Taking measurements and pics to determine progress when the scale doesn't move.
    And by far the biggest one: Educating myself on weight loss myths.
  • nabooru1017
    nabooru1017 Posts: 10
    -I eat miniature portions of lean protein and lots of tomatoes (and other vegetables with low sugar, carbohydrates, but lots of volume).
    -I occasionally fast on certain days when I know I have little physical demands. I ignore people who scream: You'll gain it ALL back!, You're going to DIE, You can't POSSIBLY lose weight that way!!11oneone.
    -I lift weights two or three times a week.

Essentially, calorie restriction.
  • Bump!
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    eat less, get outside more.
  • dirtbaby13
    dirtbaby13 Posts: 4 Member
    I have been counting my calories and have added exercise and just started adding some weight training (to tone) into the mix! It is seriously working!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Eat less & move more and make sure whatever change I'm making is something I feel comfortable doing for the rest of my life. For me, I make better food choices more often than not, count calories, and run. I do zero strength training (not even a single situp). I don't fret over off days and I don't fret about how fast or slow weight comes off (or doesn't). Perhaps my exact approach will change over time-but the general idea of eat less, move more and make sure I don't start anything that I don't think I can continue forever (or a reasonable approximation). For me, sustainability is my #1 concern.