4 lbs in one day?!

Options
I weighed myself yesterday, and I weighed myself today on the same scale, there's a 4 lb difference.
I've been under my calorie goal for the last few days, and last night I went to a death metal concert and moshed like crazy for 2 full hours. I drank a lot of water before, during, and after the concert, and a lot of water today.
Is this actually possible, or is it just water weight

EDIT: I've LOST 4 lbs between the 2 days.

Replies

• kuhayetee
    kuhayetee Posts: 41
    Options
    your scale could be messed up and didn't read the right weight if it's electric. mine does that.
    but yes, it could be water weight.
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Probably just water, especially if you exercised hard (moshing) that makes sense. I would not pay much attention to your day to day weight, it may go up and down, look at week to week, or better yet three or four day averages to determine if you are actually losing.
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    it's an ol fashion dial scale, that has been pretty accurate (weighed myself right after they did at the dr, and it was the same weight)
    idk if it just all came off all the sudden, cause I wasn't loosing for a couple days, or if its all gonna be back tomorrow XD
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    my weight will fluctuate even 5 pounds in a day ! It is water weight.
  • kamazza
    kamazza Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert *lol* but while it probably is water, I find that my scale (digital but pretty accurate compared to dr's office scale) won't budge for a few days and then suddenly I'll be down some. I think it's the way my weight is coming off *lol* It's frustrating but oh well :)
  • librarybook
    Options
    totally normal. Water weight, exercise, and fun!
  • aswieser
    aswieser Posts: 19
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself at the same time both days? My trianer says your most accurate weight is first thing when you wake up. Some days I can pick up 4-5 pounds from morning til night. Just a thought
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Water. Going through the same thing. Push the water out with more water!
  • etavi
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself at the same time both days? My trianer says your most accurate weight is first thing when you wake up. Some days I can pick up 4-5 pounds from morning til night. Just a thought

Yup, about an hour after breakfast both days.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think you lost 4 lbs and congratulations!!!!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Unless you consumed 14,000 calories yesterday, it's water. Worry not.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    water
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    This is why one shouldn't weigh themselves every day. It messes with your mind. Do yourself a favor and only get on the scale once a week, at the same time of day on the same day.
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Did you log your moshing burn? That has to be one of the best exercises I've never thought of! :)
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I was 120.9 on monday because of high sodium intake over the weekend, had a good day monday and was down to 117.9, my guess is it was water weight.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Totally possible.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Stay off the scale for a week. Weigh yourself again after a week has past. If you're still 4 pounds down...then you've lost weight. IMO - try not to fall prey to the scale and numbers, all the daily fluctuations can make you crazy!!!
  • etavi
    Options
    Did you log your moshing burn? That has to be one of the best exercises I've never thought of! :)
    Yes I did, they didn't have it listed here, but I did some research, and its about 420 cals an hour (same as "ball room dancing-fast paced") I think I'll try to add it here.

Honestly, my clothes feel looser, and I feel like I "look" thinner then I did a week ago (I was 167 yesterday, and 167 last week, I just checked my weigh ins) I might weigh myself tomorrow, just to see, and fix my weigh in's accordingly. I'm so proud of reaching that 10 lb loss, I don't want it to just be water weight loss XD
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, I, too, have issues where there's no weight loss then BAM! I've lost a few pounds. It could be water or it could have to do with detoxing since you drank so much water. That and moshing helped I'm pretty sure. I went to a Mindless Self Indulgence concert four years ago and moshed myself to the floor. It's possible. XD
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yes I did, they didn't have it listed here, but I did some research, and its about 420 cals an hour (same as "ball room dancing-fast paced") I think I'll try to add it here.

Honestly, my clothes feel looser, and I feel like I "look" thinner then I did a week ago (I was 167 yesterday, and 167 last week, I just checked my weigh ins) I might weigh myself tomorrow, just to see, and fix my weigh in's accordingly. I'm so proud of reaching that 10 lb loss, I don't want it to just be water weight loss XD

167-167=0