SWEAT RASH!!!

Options
BackTatJIM
BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
I naturally sweat a lot and since starting cardio and weight training 6 days a week I have been getting sweat rashes, I have got them past summers from sweat but can never find a way to get rid of them. I always shower as soon as I get home from the gym. Kind of tight on money to go see a doctor. ANY ADVICE??

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    Options
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If the rash appears where sweaty clothes rub your skin (waistband, collar, anywhere your clothes touch you, really) try Gold Bond powder. Does that help at all?
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    I have been using the gold bond powder after workouts and it hasn't gotten any worse , should I be using it before hand too? thanks
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
  • lizaboots
    lizaboots Posts: 43
    Options
    Yes use the Gold Bond before and after workouts. Using it before will help prevent the chafing from happening. My 17 month old son sweats a lot and he has little rolls behind his knees and if I don't use baby gold bond on him morning and night, he gets chafed and red :( it works wonders!

Great job on working out so hard!
  • jonzin707
    jonzin707 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    liquid baby powder or regular baby powder!
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Thank you I will start today!
  • aswieser
    aswieser Posts: 19
    Options
    I have been using the gold bond powder after workouts and it hasn't gotten any worse , should I be using it before hand too? thanks

Yes.. if you use it before your workout it will start drying things out before the sweat starts to give you a rash. This is my technique because I get really red and itchy near my collar and the bottom of my shorts. I'm not a professional, but it's worked for me and it never hurts to try!. Good luck figuring it out :)
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    i use the baby rash cream (rashnil) on any rashes and it seems to fade em away real quick!