I AM ALWAYS HUNGRY ==PLEASE HELP

Options
OK, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. I WAS DOING SOOOOO WELL AND NOW IT IS LIKE I AM ALWAYS HUNGRY. I START OUT MY MORNING FINE BUT THROUGHOUT THE DAY I AM ALWAYS WANTING TO MUNCH AND MUNCH AND MUNCH!!! I DRINK ATLEAST 80 0Z OF WATER OR BETTER A DAY AND THAT IS NOT HELPING WITH MY HUNGER. I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ALL OF MY HARD WORK TO GO AWAY. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    fibre fills you up!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Take a week or two off and eat at maintenance to give yourself a break. Read here:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
    Usually the answer to this question is vey simple - eat more.
    You don't have to starve to lose weight, a moderate deficit and a bit of exercise works for most people.
  • Jaq63
    Jaq63 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    cans of diet coke are my savior, not good for u i know but better than eating anything that doesnt move, when im hungry..lol

good luck,
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    OK, firstly, take off the caps lock. :-)

Secondly - what is your height, weight, and exercise level (i.e. what exercise do you do and what do you do for a living)?

Chance are you aren't eating enough - if you can give me that info I can make a recommendation for you.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Stock up on proteins :-)
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Me too esp during my exams/revision periods! I stress eat!
    I found that snacking on healthy food like nuts, dried apricots, fresh strawberries etc really helps! Surround yourself with healthy snacks that way you won't feel guilty even if you overeat, as you will eat good food!

hope that helps!
    OK, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. I WAS DOING SOOOOO WELL AND NOW IT IS LIKE I AM ALWAYS HUNGRY. I START OUT MY MORNING FINE BUT THROUGHOUT THE DAY I AM ALWAYS WANTING TO MUNCH AND MUNCH AND MUNCH!!! I DRINK ATLEAST 80 0Z OF WATER OR BETTER A DAY AND THAT IS NOT HELPING WITH MY HUNGER. I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ALL OF MY HARD WORK TO GO AWAY. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I started working out, that happened to me too! I ate granola bars constantly! It's gotten better, maybe it will pass. If you do want our need to munch, just make healthier decisions ( cutie oranges are great our granola, ect) if you just started working out, maybe your body is wanting more fuel? That's what I concluded anyway.
  • trishygilbo
    Options
    have you tried eating more....as in swapping eg. swapping your wonder white bread for something like a rye wrap, less calories but you can have more, more vegies and salad wont hurt if you are hungry. or a low fat soup with your dinner.
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    I hear that coffee is a good appetite suppressant. Maybe a cup of Joe will help a little or maybe some tea.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Caps lock is cruise control for 'cool' :laugh: I agree with the other posts, it's probably not how much you're eating, it's what you're eating that's making you hungry. If a meal has a good amount of fiber and balance of f/c/p then I find that it keeps me fuller for longer. If I waxed the same 500 cals on a sandwich and a bag of crisps then I'd be hungry again 2-3 hours later.
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your food dairy isn't taking protein in account. thats a BIG nono. have 15g protein per meal at leaasstttt and have 6 mini meals a day. Calculate your TDEE and remove 15% off of it, that should be your goal. Not less.
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Drink Plenty of fluid, eat more protein in your diet & foods that are LOW GI - theese help you keep fuller for longer - when im feeling hungry even though ive eaten my calorie allowance I paint my nails or take a shower or do something to take my mind off it!
    black coffee def staves off hunger too.

good luck keep up the good work

Regards

JO
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Drink Plenty of fluid, eat more protein in your diet & foods that are LOW GI - theese help you keep fuller for longer

Very true, you can lower the GI of a food by adding fat. A snickers bar has a much lower GI than you'd imagine because of all the nuts :smile:
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Track honestly & regularly the amount of food you are eating & make sure it is quality fresh food with loads of fibre like veggies but also good protein too. Drink loads of water & increase the exercise that you do. Recognise that wanting to stick food into your mouth is not always due to hunger & put water in or use distraction to move yourself on from those thoughts. Look at why you eat what you eat & how you got to where you are? Then make a decision to stop bad eating & have a new life & take it one day at a time......
    You did not get to where you are in a few days, give yourself time to change your life!
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I actually went and looked at your diary to see if I could make some suggestions. You haven't logged enough to see where you could make some changes. 1200 calories is your goal and that obviously isn't enough for you. Based on what little info there is, I would say up your daily calorie intake and do some exercise to off set it. Try to eat as clean as possible... avoid "junk" food.. it take up precious calories and gives you back nothing nutritionally, often creating a desire for more junk.
    I am with you... I went through something similar recently and have just gotten back on track. The ugly truth is that the key lies in faithful logging, eating quality food and exercise. Good luck!
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Begin by actually tracking what you are eating. I only saw 3 of the last 15 or so days where you filled out your food diary.

When you are accurately tracking what you are eating and how many calories you are burning, it will be easier to see what needs to be done.

It's a common question.

The simple answer is almost always... EAT MORE! A LOT MORE!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You do need to track daily. Without tracking, you really don't know for sure how much you are eating... so you could either be overeating or (more likely) undereating... it's really hard to say. Considering I'm pretty sure you're bigger (as in taller) than me, I would suggest you increase your calories to at least 1500 and make sure you eat those exercise calories back! I saw one of the days you actually tracked where you burned over 1100 calories leaving yourself with a net of less than 500... that's not good. I recently gave one of my other MFP friends this same advice because she was constantly binging (because she was hungry) and increasing her calories has done very good by her. I'm only 4'11" (currently 120-ish pounds), I eat a minimum of 1500 most days and more some days, my net is hardly EVER below 1200, and when it is it's usually by less than 50 calories, and I'm losing just fine. Don't be afraid to FUEL your body! Your body is telling you it's hungry because it NEEDS that food to function! :)
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!! that is why I love my fitness family. You guys are always here when I need you which is all of the time.!!!!