Finally doing something

Options
Hello everyone!

I am new to the message boards, but have been using myfitnesspal on my phone for 3 weeks now. I have spent my entire adult life overweight, and being 5 weeks away from my 33rd birthday, I am making it my personal gift to myself to take care of my body and lose this weight, with my Bday goal having been to lose 20lbs before the big '33'. Since starting on MFP, I have lost 10lbs exactly as of this morning, so I'm halfway there. I started at 245 and am now 235, so while I still have a long way to go, I feel like it's a positive start. I'm very fortunate to have the support of my husband, who also uses MFP in order to maintain his weight for his career. I have one son, 3 years old, and he is my #1 motivation. I want to be fit & able to run with him in the park and not feel like I've had a turbine engine suck the wind out of my lungs! Also, he very much wants a sibling, and my weight contributes to a condition I have that causes infertility in women (PCOS), so I'm hoping that losing the weight will enable me to add a new little brother or sister for my son to our family.

I don't have an ultimate # goal set, but I have many mini goals, with the first one halfway to being met. I want to do this right because I don't want to burn out, give up and see the weight pile back up on me, so I'm setting mini goals for myself, which helps me to keep me more motivated than if I pick a weight # that feels like it will take ages to reach.

:-)

Replies

• mattelfaige
    mattelfaige Posts: 11
    Options
    hi welcome to the message boards feel free to add me if you want
    your doing a great job from what i have read
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and well done on your weight loss !! You sound so grounded and positive that I feel sure that you will succeed. May I say how it makes me happy to hear of someone young who is taking themselves in hand while they are young enough to appreciate it... I left it for a long long time and have wasted a lot of my adult life sitting on the sidelines because I just never did anything to improve myself - or never kept at it long enough ... don't get me wrong - I have had a good and happy life but it could have been better. So you stick to it and enjoy the rest of your life the way you should.

Good luck!

if you want another mfp friend then feel free to add me ;p)
  • jeaninemckinney
    jeaninemckinney Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: sounds like your on the right track! Mini goals are alot better and easier on your spirit if u set minis instead of huge ones! Your already half way there and it sounds like u will be there in no time! Itseems to me like ur in the right place and u will succeed with that attitude! Keep it up, that will be a great bday present to urself! Just think of where u will be at ut 34th! Keep it up and keep us posted!! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome ...... you're doing a darn good job already ...... so keep on truckin' !
  • neikoboo927
    neikoboo927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! What great motivation you have for yourself, your son and another hopeful bundle in the future! My son is my motivation as well, couldn't jump on the trampoline with him so it was time for a change lol. Congrats on the first 10 also! First of more I'm sure. Add me and we can be great support for each other. And it is very nice to have ur hubby doing this with you. It is always easier to have a buddy. That's why I joined here.
  • MelSzom
    MelSzom Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and congrats to you all on your weight loss!