new McDonalds' oatmeal

Options
Bruinsmama
Bruinsmama Posts: 53 Member
Hello!
Has anyone here tried the new Blueberry oatmeal from McDonalds? I saw the ad on TV just yesterday.

Replies

• jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The fact that it has 290 calories would probably keep me from ordering it.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It's somewhat comparable nutrition wise to regular oatmeal with milk.

1/2 cup oats, 8 oz milk is 270 calories, 13g protein, 39g carbs, 5g fat, 120 mg sodium
    mcdonald's blueberry banana nut oatmeal is 290 calories, 6g protein, 49g carbs, 8g fat, 180mg sodium
  • SweetDee80
    SweetDee80 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have not tried it yet. I was turned off when I saw that it was almost 300 calories. However, it is that many calories because it has cream and brown sugar already mixed in it with lots of fruit. I wouldn't want everything added already. That is why I like the oatmeal at Starbucks. Any extras comes in separate packs and you can add what you want on your own. Theirs with just their packet of brown sugar is 190 I believe. I think whichever way you go, you'd be better off making some oatmeal yourself instead of purchasing it at McDonalds or Starbucks though.

If you do try it, let me know how it tastes! Maybe it's worth the calories :smile:
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Yes and it is DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it yet. I was turned off when I saw that it was almost 300 calories. However, it is that many calories because it has cream and brown sugar already mixed in it with lots of fruit. I wouldn't want everything added already. That is why I like the oatmeal at Starbucks. Any extras comes in separate packs and you can add what you want on your own. Theirs with just their packet of brown sugar is 190 I believe. I think whichever way you go, you'd be better off making some oatmeal yourself instead of purchasing it at McDonalds or Starbucks though.

If you do try it, let me know how it tastes! Maybe it's worth the calories :smile:

I believe you can request that they don't put in the brown sugar :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I wouls say save the money and calories, and make your own.

I only go to mcdonalds when I am hungover, and i leave with enough food to feed 3 people...damn weekends~!
  • mari6923
    mari6923 Posts: 21
    Options
    yes and i love it!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options

agreed. and its not even a good portion compared to my oats at home.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    yessssss!!!! it's delish!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    The oatmeal is a regular old Quaker Oats packets.. either regular or brown sugar. The rest is dehydrated fruit and nuts.. I'd save my money if I were you
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    Bad Option!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I wouls say save the money and calories, and make your own.

I only go to mcdonalds when I am hungover, and i leave with enough food to feed 3 people...damn weekends~!

Hahhaha YUP! Burger King the night of and Rotton Ronnies the day after, horrible, but it works. lol
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    if it is as good as their last oatmeal.. then i would pass.. i got one free when they came out.. it was sooo bad i tossed it.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options

You can request no cream/brown suger/ of fruit in fact my McDonalds ask do I want these thing in or on the side or not at all :)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds fruit oatmeal! It is so good!!! And 300 calories for your breakfast is not bad...
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    I have tried it and like it pretty well. It supposedly has bananas in it and they serve walnuts on the side. I was in LOVE with the apple cinnamon walnut version and they quit serving it for some reason. thumbs up for reasonable cost/convenience/flavor.
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options

agreed. and its not even a good portion compared to my oats at home.

Exactly. My Silver Palate Thick & Rough oatmeal is 150 calories for 1/3 cup (before cooking). I only use water and then add cinnamon, a few blueberries and maybe some walnuts for some good fat and protein. It's a great portion for right around 200 calories.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It is comparable to the oatmeal I make at home! Yes the calories seem high but when you are out of town and have to stop for something to eat, I went for this over a wilted salad or something thats worth a whole days worth of calories! The flavor was good, a little sweeter then I like and there were fresh blueberries in it....it was also a lot more than I would normally eat, the portion seemed larger! :)
  • elliottjane
    elliottjane Posts: 37
    Options
    It is SO good! If you ask for no walnuts, it eliminates 40 calories.