New PLS HELP

Options
Hi everyone. I am new to this site. How do you make friends and get motivated from joining this site?

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP!!!

please feel free to add me,

it's great to see others progression on the site. It's also nice to have people cheer you on in your weight loss journey!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend! You will get all kinds of love and support on this site. Good luck in your journey!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just let people know you want support; they'll respond and send you a friend request, or tell you to make a request to you. I'm sending you a request. Just accept if you're interested. You will see my daily posts; I'll see yours, and we'll encourage each other.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome I have been here since march 22 and have lost 7.2 pounds so far. It is very easy
    and everyone is very helpful. On here all ages are friends. You can friend me if you like. Good
    Luck on your journey. AnneW1952
  • Hevans1012
    Hevans1012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! I've added 2 people in the past day and they've already helped me! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hey Maggie,

Start making friends by finding people in the forums whose posts appeal to you and sending a friend request (with a proper message) to them. Then participate in the forums and people who like your posts will start to friend you too.

Build up a solid friend list of people you like and agree with, but also of people who you know will call you out on bull**** and keep you motivated and inspired. IMO a friend list full of people who just blow smoke up your backside when you don't deserve it isn't worth having. Real friends will put you back on track as much as they will pat you on the back.
  • rgrant66
    rgrant66 Posts: 1
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as your friend. I am new to the site as well but so far is is helping.
  • maggiejbl
    maggiejbl Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW! Alrighty then lol Thanks
  • maggiejbl
    maggiejbl Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you all for your insight. @ Captain, I don't do well with "blow smoke" kinda people lol But thanks for the advice.
  • ebeans887
    ebeans887 Posts: 32
    Options
    I never thought I would find a site like this supportive, but to be honest, I've used it for two days and I already feel soooo much better about what I am trying to accomplish, if anything, I get hungry and get on here to take my mind off of it :)
  • mrsrlj04joinslife
    mrsrlj04joinslife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just sent a request. :smile:
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me - I have been using the site/community side of MFP for about a week now and already the support is having a positive effect. It is keeping me on track and motivated :)
  • Tryin2findme
    Options
    I am so proud of you for taking the step to join :) I love you ♥