Not losing any weight... new to MFP.

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to MFP and looking for some advice and encouragement. I just left WW, where I lost 10 pounds last year, then proceeded to lose another two pounds, lost it, then gained back the same two pounds and lost it over and over again. It was a horrible cycle. I joined MFP hoping that counting calories instead of points might be more beneficial (and because the site looked fun, and I could calculate other cool stats like protein / vitamin intake). I usually exercise about 3 times a week (elliptical trainer) for about 45 mins and I walk for 30-40 minutes every day.

I've been on MFP for a few days, and have lost one pound, and then gained it right back again. :-( I am worried I'm destined to lose and gain the same two pounds forever. Admittedly I've slightly overeaten the past couple of days (I am eating back my exercise calories on some days, not on others). I'm 5'2" and 142 pounds. I want to be 125.

At this point, I just need any advice / support / encouragement anyone on MFP can give. Sorry if this shouldn't be a new topic, or if you've seen identical posts before. I wasn't sure where to start, and I'm new to posting on message boards. I wasn't exactly a social butterfly as a WW member - just did it online by myself.

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    A few days are not enough to see if you are going to lose weight on this plan. My advice, for what it's worth, is to stick with it for two or three weeks to see how you are doing. Also, regardless of what weight loss plan you use, if you are close to your goal weight, you might lose at a slower rate than others. Hang in there!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You say that in a few days you lost a pound and then gained it back. Don't weigh yourself so often. Go at least a week or two following the plan before you weigh yourself again. I haven't weighed myself in a couple weeks because I refuse to make myself crazy over a pound or two. I feel better eating well and exercising. I KNOW I'll see a difference if I stick to this plan. You will too!