Safflower oil??

Options
Hey guys, so I heard about this oil called Safflower oil that helps get rid of belly fat...?? I heard that u are supposed to take a tablespoon full daily.....? Anyone else know anything about that?? :smile:

Replies

• niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I cook with safflower oil, but haven't noticed assistance with the belly fat. I read that coconut oil helps.
  • itsjessicarose
    Options
    hmm ok cool thanks for the tip :)
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    tastes good with my smoothies, other than that it did nothing.
    Dr. Oz is a liar. lol
  • itsjessicarose
    Options
    LOL yeah I wanted so me input before I go downin a tablespoon of OIL everyday LOL thanks for the input :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    It's the CLA in safflower oil. How much CLA required would not be found in a tbsp from any source, it requires large doses, which means a high fat diet.....got to love studies that shows something helps belly fat....it's a money maker, and considering refined safflower oil is the highest in omega 6's, something that should be consumed at a minimum and from natrural sources, it actually doing more harm than good, just my opinion mind you. Also the CLA in safflower oil isn't the right kind of CLA, it's just linoleic acid which is then conjugated to get the real thing. You really need to get the real deal and then consume a lot.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/67/2/332.full.pdf

Safflower oil consumption does not increase plasma conjugated
    linoleic acid concentrations in humans1–