Mexican Restaurant Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Skip the cream sauces and heavy cheese dishes and you'll be fine.
    If they're drowning everything in cheese and sour cream, you're eating "Mexican food". Find a real Mexican place that serves real Mexican food.
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    skip the chips and get a giant *kitten* margarita :)
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just skip the chips, and stick to grilled foods, with only veggie type toppings/sauces. Skip the cream sauces and heavy cheese dishes and you'll be fine.

exactly..

Also ask for NO BUTTER. They cook everything in oil... then finish it with butter.

Water... water.. eat some thing in the car on the way. Apple and water, to hold you over while everyone is eating chips.
  • wannabeconfident
    Options

Hahaha I totally wish I could do this! My life story revolves around wishing alcohol didn't have as many calories as it did.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If they have Tacos al Carbon, do that. They are usually small soft corn tortillas with either grilled chicken or pork, chopped onions and fresh cilantro. Order with a side of pico de gallo and avocado slices (rather than guacamole), and you are right in the 350-400 calorie range. If you must have chips and salsa, break each chip in 3-5 pieces, dip in the salsa and eat slowly. Do try to limit them though, not only for the calories, but for the sodium. Drink plenty of water too!
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options

Hahaha I totally wish I could do this! My life story revolves around wishing alcohol didn't have as many calories as it did.

alcohol has calories???? damn!!! I thought it was "empty" lol
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My anniversary is "Cinco de Mayo" so, for lunch, we went to a Mexican place we hadn't tried before. I have no idea how restricted your caloric intake is, but with my 1550 cal/day and 150-200 calories burned during exercise, I feel 500-600 calories per meal is acceptable. I had a enchilada combination plate (1 beef enchilada with no cheese, 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup refried beans) for about 600 calories. I also had 10-15 chips and salsa, for another 150 calories. Calorie intake over time is what sheds the pounds. You have already said you normally eat lunch you bring from home and I'm going to assume you do that so you can control your portions and caloric intake. Enjoy time with your friends as well.
  • creyes814
    creyes814 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would eat a chicken taco on a soft corn tortilla. Load it up with lettuce, chopped onions, cilantro and tomato; drink plenty of water!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    man some fajita tacos aren't too bad on corn tortilla.
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    or this !!!!

IMG_0122.jpg
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Lay off on the chips and sub in corn tortillas for flour ones. I prefer the taste and you get 2 for 40 less calories than the flour, and they are gluten free so less bloatyness afterwards. I get a dish at my local restaurant that has flank steak (lean), cheese, 2 corn tortillas, and a side of lettuce, tomato, a little sour cream and guac. I feel like it's pretty healthy and balanced.