new McDonalds' oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetDee80
    SweetDee80 Posts: 62
    Options
    I have not tried it yet. I was turned off when I saw that it was almost 300 calories. However, it is that many calories because it has cream and brown sugar already mixed in it with lots of fruit. I wouldn't want everything added already. That is why I like the oatmeal at Starbucks. Any extras comes in separate packs and you can add what you want on your own. Theirs with just their packet of brown sugar is 190 I believe. I think whichever way you go, you'd be better off making some oatmeal yourself instead of purchasing it at McDonalds or Starbucks though.

If you do try it, let me know how it tastes! Maybe it's worth the calories :smile:

I believe you can request that they don't put in the brown sugar :)

Oh great! I didn't know you could request it on the side. Coolio.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I haven't but I might sometime. Probably has more sugar than you'd make at home but 290 calories is not that high (as long as you're not eating tons of other stuff on the side of course). Then again I'm not on an extremely low cal diet either.
  • Bruinsmama
    Bruinsmama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WOW you guys are great! I think I will have to try it at least once.
    I liked the other one they have (had?) BUT I only had it once since it had so much sugar in it! xo
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Where I come from the banana walnut version of the oatmeal isn't out yet. Then again I live in eastern Canada, we might not be meant to get it. In any case, all we have at our McDonald's in the oatmeal is the stuff with apples, cranberries and raisins and the pouch of brown sugar is always on the side (unless they ask you if you want it put in, otherwise it's out) and it's the only kind they have!!! But with all that pucker compared to all that sweetness, I'll go for the stuff we have here anytime!!! It's better than what they have at Tim Hortons, theirs is globby and you only get it with the fruit or with the sugar, never with both there. Besides, oatmeal with fruit and a great cup of coffee, who could pass that up? :love:
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    All I'm gonna say is: BetterOats Blueberry Muffin instant oatmeal mix. Natural, whole grain, and 160 calories. Why spend the money and the calories? (-300- calories for oatmeal? BLEH.)