Body Fat Percentage %

Options
2»

Replies

• asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Okay while we are on it.. I am going to do my best google search to find some productive tips.. Be posting here and on my profile with any luck, Heather, thanks for the add :)
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm at 22%, too. I would like to get to about 19, but I would also like my period back. It's a conundrum.

Sorry if that was an overshare for some people, haha.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • asamuels85
    Options
    http://www.nowloss.com/why-losing-the-last-10-pounds-is-harder.htm

I followed several links to get to this page, there is also a calculating tool that breaks down a per meal calorie count based on your routine eating times and several videos that he promises will get your last 10 lbs off.. we will see :) Either way Im super motivated to get my burn on today!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 17 and 18%. I got here by eating consistently and running a lot. It never ocurred to me to try to get this low, it's what my body wanted to do. I would still like to see more changes in my shape. I think that will come with more strength training. If my body doesn't want to change anymore, oh well, I can't force it and I'm not going to try. Healthy is where I want to be.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 22% body fat. Eating about 1,400 - 1,500 calories per day and going to the gym 5x per week. The scale hasn't moved in a while (even though I would like it too) but I am trying not to look at the number on the scale (it says 150 lbs). Instead, I am focusing on decreaseing my body fat percentage. Curious how I compare nad if anyone else has plateaued like this...

You could weigh the same but your BF numbers could have changed. Less fat, more muscle. Get it checked again with the same method as before. Same time of day
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    im currently 133 and want to get to 125. i have been eating 1350 calories working out 6 days a week doing brazil butt now im doing rockin body. think my bf % is in the 23 % range. what can i do to get those last pounds off
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your BF is right? I tired one of those things you got and it told me I was 22%. Then I went into the bod pod and I was actually 33% even though I was 139 lbs and 5'6.5'' and little. The higher the % the less food you need.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Some of the strategies in the link posted earlier aren't that realistic, or even safe...like exercising more than twice a day and continuing to cut below 1200 calories.
  • hwells828
    hwells828 Posts: 14
    Options
    So to lower BF%, Do I cut food or increase exercise (cardio or weights?) Or both?
  • asamuels85
    Options
    Some of the strategies in the link posted earlier aren't that realistic, or even safe...like exercising more than twice a day and continuing to cut below 1200 calories.

YEAH!! I agree.... but it did say that some of those strategies were for "expert" dieters, (and those already working out 5 or 6 times a week)

Fo me, I feel like cutting carbs may be the way to go for these last pounds. The BF% is lowering in smaller chunks now than it ever was, (only .7 % in 40 days) so i know that a major change is needed to rev back up to the speed i was losing before, but I would rather be patient, than dangerous. I hope all who read this feel the same way,,,, countdown or not :)
  • kettlegrl
    kettlegrl Posts: 3
    Options
    I have so i know how you feel!!! I was working out 4 times a week and was doing kettle bell training. Well the trainer did the same thing so my body got so used to it. I do all interval training now.....As stupid as this will probably sound, I lost 6 lbs in a month, maybe a little less. about an inch and a half around my midsection. I have toned up more but still would like to get a teeny bit more toned. I started doing Bodyrock workouts. Seriously changed me!!! I just stumbled across it actually on YouTube. The workouts are home based, they are not more than 20-30 min a day....and very challenging!! check it out:
    www.bodyrock.tv
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    See this thread helps: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/600949-reducing-bf-to-eat-at-a-deficit-or-not

You can reduce your BF% by lower body fat or increasing LBM. So you don't necessarily need to eat at a deficit, depending on what your goal is.
  • kettlegrl
    kettlegrl Posts: 3
    Options
    Mix up your workouts....do tabata drills (Intervals)....30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest, etc etc
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have so i know how you feel!!! I was working out 4 times a week and was doing kettle bell training. Well the trainer did the same thing so my body got so used to it. I do all interval training now.....As stupid as this will probably sound, I lost 6 lbs in a month, maybe a little less. about an inch and a half around my midsection. I have toned up more but still would like to get a teeny bit more toned. I started doing Bodyrock workouts. Seriously changed me!!! I just stumbled across it actually on YouTube. The workouts are home based, they are not more than 20-30 min a day....and very challenging!! check it out:
    www.bodyrock.tv

Bodyrock is what I do too... It changed my body.