insanity friends

Options
Hi guys. I'm doing insanity and would definitely be more motivated if I had more insanity buddies to help keep each other motivated every day. Would you be my insane friend?? Lol

Replies

• amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Id love to join you doing insanity ive had it just sitting next to the dvd player for months add me as a friend :)
  • celeste2u
    celeste2u Posts: 34
    Options
    I too am doing Insanity right now. I am on Day 3 of Month 2. I started doing it with my hubby, but he is extremely busy planting right now (he is a farmer). I would love to be your friend. I need some people to help me dig deeper. :wink:
  • rebeccakes
    rebeccakes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I would love some Insanity buddies!! I am doing Week 2 of Month 1 now. I have my Cardio Recovery day tomorrow which is still pretty tough to me!! I am having trouble because I want that big immediate drop in weight and I am not getting it. I do feel like my clothes are getting a little less snug so I think somethings working! I am taking measurements again this weekend. How are you all liking it? Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ThinkThinForever
    Options
    Thankyou guys!!!
  • RyanReady
    RyanReady Posts: 1
    Options
    Insanity here! I'm inbetween months, and doing the Cardio/Balance for recovery week. Next week starts max intervals (God Save Me!) hahahaha. Doing real good with it. Have yet to miss a day, and Ive dropped around 20 lbs my first month doing it.

Add me up!
  • tinatemp
    tinatemp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing insantiy too. I am in week 5 (recovery) Have lost any weight but loosing inches! Working on eating cleaner! Add me if you want!
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    I think we could all benefit from some Insanity Support, lol! I'm in Week 4 of Month 1. I haven't missed a single workout (although, I've definitely wanted to!) The results that I'm noticing the most are muscle defniiniton in my legs. Not sure if I've lost weight (I don't weigh myself), but I also haven't been following the eating plan.

Today is my Cardio Recovery Day and my body is overjoyed, lol. *Even though Cardio Recovery still kicks my butt* My legs and hip flexors are exhausted!
  • nutmegh
    nutmegh Posts: 4
    Options
    Day 4, Week 3!! I love Insanity although it has caused some joint pain in my knees which is surprising seeing that I'm only 21...BUT I plan to carry on & look forward to seeing more results :) YAY for it being a Cardio Recovery day.
  • rebeccakes
    rebeccakes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cardio Recovery day here too!! I am in Week 2 of Month 1 and although it is tough, I am loving it! Do you all use a HRM? I don't have one and have been estimating my calories burned from MFP's circuit training exercise log for 40 minutes but today it was 47 of the cardio recovery and I don't know how to estimate. It's kind of like power yoga but there isn't an option for that. I may break down and get a HRM this weekend but I don't know about wearing something across my chest. Curious what others do?

I have been tracking my weight and I haven't lost much the last 2 weeks but I did fit into a pair of pants today that I think were a bit a too tight 2 weeks ago. I was also able to complete more than 1 of the lower planks to high planks moves. Last week, I could seriously do maybe 1-2 of those. Today I did many more than that!!
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey All!
    I too am doing Insanity. Almost done with week 2. Feel free to add me, I would love to hear additional feedback from others who are further along than I am, or even just starting out.

@rebeccakes: I got a HRM last week and I love it, especially for insanity. Everyday is different when it comes to calorie burn, so at least with the HRM I can track how many calories I burned for that specific day. Also I added Insanity to my personal database, each specific disc with the length of time. Then I use my HRM to track the time, cals burned, and other information and then I input that into my exercise for the day. That way I know my information is accurate. And it helps to keep on on track and motivated to burn more calories the next time.
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    Hey All!
    I too am doing Insanity. Almost done with week 2. Feel free to add me, I would love to hear additional feedback from others who are further along than I am, or even just starting out.

@rebeccakes: I got a HRM last week and I love it, especially for insanity. Everyday is different when it comes to calorie burn, so at least with the HRM I can track how many calories I burned for that specific day. Also I added Insanity to my personal database, each specific disc with the length of time. Then I use my HRM to track the time, cals burned, and other information and then I input that into my exercise for the day. That way I know my information is accurate. And it helps to keep on on track and motivated to burn more calories the next time.

I'm doing Insanity but do not have HRM. If you don't mind me asking, what type of results are you getting in terms of calories burned?
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity. I am extra day into Core cardio and balance. I wanted a different day off in the week so Today is rest day and tommrow is start of Month 2 week 1
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I'm on Day 5, Month 1. Pure cardio was good this morning :drinker:
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    [ If you don't mind me asking, what type of results are you getting in terms of calories burned?

I don't have a HRM either so I've been looking at other people's diary who are also doing Insanity and cutting back some of their calories. This is what I've recorded so far:

Fit test - 400 calories
    plyometric Cardio circuit - 304 calories
    Cardio Power & Resistance - 370 calories
    Cardio Recovery - 140 calories
    Pure Cardio - 296

I'm pretty sure I burnt more doing Pure Cardio this morning but I don't want to overeat :laugh:
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I just finished BB's Les Mills Pump (loved it!) and am resting up for a few days before I start Insanity tomorrow or Sunday. I am a little scared because I keep hearing about all the joint pain. I already have mild issues with my knees from running, so I am hoping to find ways to be pain free!

Add me and we can dig deep together!
  • Evellitha
    Evellitha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Morning fellow Insaniacs!
    I finished my first round a few weeks ago. Redoing it again. Today way day 6 of week 3. Lost roughly 6-7 lbs and a few inches after the first round. Hopefully same results will happen during the second round. Keep digging deep. Feel free to add me =)
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi all... Everyone feel free to add me! I started Insanity Monday, and would definitely love the support!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4927-support-for-our-insanity

This is a group I found on this...I myself haven't started Insanity, but I'm planning on doing it sometime this summer. It helps to hear people's experience to know what to expect.
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity but do not have HRM. If you don't mind me asking, what type of results are you getting in terms of calories burned?

I have a Polar FT40... I don't really know how it compares to other HRM's but it was not that expensive. I have read from other posts, and other sites that Polar is a good brand. I got mine off hearratemonitorsusa.com
    As far as results, it fluctuates day to day, which is better than inputting numbers and assuming for every 40 minute workout session you burned XXX cals. I feel like it just allows me to be more accountable for how hard (or not so hard) I push myself each day.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm starting round 2 on Sunday. Anyone feel free to add me :)