--->Weirdo<---

Options
2»

Replies

• bussaca
    bussaca Posts: 22
    Options
    Not sure how to respond individually :/
    Hit the "Quote" button under the comment you would like to respond to.

In other news, feel free to pick up any pounds I lose. I won't want them back.

Best wishes, kiddo! :drinker:

So thats how you do that! (Learn something new each day :) )
  • Reese813
    Reese813 Posts: 2
    Options
    How much weight did you gain?
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I do sympathise - until I was about 35 I was at best at the lower end of healthy BMI and often lower - at one point I weighed 110lb and I'm 6' tall, at that stage I was actually forcing myself to eat really high calorie foods because my weight was so low (I was working waking nights and didn't adapt well). So I know it's not funny. I think there are quite a few recovering anorexics on this site trying to gain, and I'm sure others as well.

You'll also find people struggling to eat enough calories - long story, you'll soon find out - who may be able to offer advice about dietary choices.

In my case my metabolism kicked in with a vengance in my mid 30's, so now I'm trying to achieve some happy mid-point!

Good luck to you though, and I hope you find the site supportive.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    There are people here looking to gain. I am currently eating 3300 a day & appear to be just over maintenance, it is (insert expletive here) hard work & not as much fun as people assume. For me it isn't about eating everything in sight BUT eating properly so as to minimise fat gain, it is a slow hard road. Good Luck :)

Russ
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Hit the "Quote" button under the comment you would like to respond to.

In other news, feel free to pick up any pounds I lose. I won't want them back.

Best wishes, kiddo! :drinker:
    So thats how you do that! (Learn something new each day :) )
    Hey -- you're doing it! Look at that! :drinker:
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Welcome to the site! I hope you are able to get the support you need here. I'm sure there is a group with similar goals if you search under groups.

I have found the best way to respond individually is to hit the Quote button instead of the Reply button.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My mother doesn't seem to be able to gain any weight and gets highly irate when I mention sharing some of mine, or my advice to "Just eat for god's sake."

She's 5'7" 111lbs and feels too skinny. Can't manage to eat more than a mouthful and has a natural inclination towards healthy food. I'm pretty sure I was adopted.

But all that said, being too small is just as painful as being too fat. She has the same body image problems that anyone overweight has and has been picked on all her life for her "chicken legs."

Welcome and good luck meeting your goals. :)

Yeah I can relate to that - my father used to refer to my legs as "looking like matchsticks with the wood scraped off" LOL