HCG Diet Has anyone tried it??

Options
2»

Replies

• zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I don't believe in artificially changing my metabolism. I trust my body and believe the science that has taught me how to eat properly and lose weight. I didn't put on the weight in 1 month and didn't expect to lose it in 1 month. Also, by doing it the right way I have greatly increased my energy level and I know I have made my heart healthier.

I'm not saying it doesn't work...I'm just saying I would never do it even if it does.

Some of us will be artificially changing our metabolisms for life. I'm on two thyroid medicines to try and get to normal. HCG doesn't affect your metabolism directly. I wish it had, because I would be saving a lot of money on my medications.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It is dangerous and harmful. This site also restricts discussions of it to a few groups because it is considered a dangerous weight loss method. There is no scientific evidence that the drops/shots actually do anything. All the loss is from the 500 calorie diet. So you are putting scary junk into your body for no reason. Very low calorie diets are NOT to be done without medical supervision and should be restricted to those with specific medical reasons.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    500 calorie?!...I usually have that consumed by 11 am. It's unhealthy and unsustainable. And a hot topic on here. Use the search function to find the endless threads on this.
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    in before the Lock!
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.