Suggestions for resisting PMM (PreMenstrual Munching)

Options
Sooooo, I started this topic to keep me pinned to my chair and away from the nummy chips sitting on my kitchen counter (left over from a family bbq). Every month I struggle through the 2-3 days prior to and 1-2 days at the beginning of my cycle. Does anyone else struggle with this too? Any suggestions. I am drinking my water and trying to use berries, etc to curb the cravings. I also already went for a nature walk. What else? :indifferent:

Replies

• 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Popcorn helps me or some low sodium ritz crackers. I crave salt and then sweet, but getting better with the sweet tooth! Salty & crunchy, not so good :frown: I can't wait to have a full hysterectomy!..LOL. :smile:
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oohh. Popcorn is a great idea. I too crave the salty and I am glad its not the sweet. Thanks for the suggestion. :smile:
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Completely struggle through this every month too! I tried at first to keep my eating the same, but that monster takes over and I feel like I NEED to snack. So I started finding low-cal alternatives to things. Reduced fat jello pudding and hot chocolate help my chocolate cravings, jello or popsicles help my sweets craving, mini rice cakes (sweet or savory) help my crunchy cravings, and I get the little snack packs (like 90 calorie ritz) for the salty/chip cravings I get. If I stock up, I can usually avoid going over calories too much