remedy for sore muscles

Options
petemeep
petemeep Posts: 62 Member
The backs of my thighs are still sore from a workout I did probably 5 days ago, despite all the stretching I've done. I've also done several hot baths and showers, and a little massage. Anything else I can do, or do I just keep doing what I'm doing and wait for it to go away?

Thanks

Replies

• Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Good for you for working those muscles!

All that really helps me is extra water, more activity, and time. Sounds like it was a great workout!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    A light cardio jaunt on the treadmill or a light walk outside would help greatly
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain my knees hurt from squats i did on monday what did you do if u dont mind my asking
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Get back on that horse lilttle missy....

If you work those thighs/hammys every week...you will get to a point where you are only sore for a day at the most

Also Edit to add...Ice baths after intense leg workout
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    My solution is "hair of the dog". I'll go and work those same muscles, very lightly, to loosen them up. Stretching helps as well. If it continues, it's likely that you overdid it and need some extra time to heal. And like another post said, water. Or if you are a guy, walk it off
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    Have you tried adding some epsom salt to your bath?
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had really sore muscles when I first started as well. Water, light cardio and Magnesium tablets work for me. The Magnesium was suggested to me by another MFP'er. I use a Calcium Magnesium and Zinc (I think) combo pill I got from Walgreen's
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    An ice pak from the freezer works wonders for my sore muscles, and an ibuprofen if necessary.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Water, Stretching, Icy Hot
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    A rough massage (get all that lactic acid moving away) , might ask someone to do so with their elbow or palm and a cold shower/put muscle on ice.

Hope it helps :)
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    1. Getting back on the horse and working out
    2. Lots of water
    3. Plenty of protein
    4. Stretching
    5. Rumble Roller (myofacial muscle roller...like a self massager)

This is only if you have residual muscle soreness from a workout...anything that is a sharp pain or impedes your ability to work out with proper form, stop taking advice from us idiots and see your doctor.