P90X

Options
I am starting P90X on Monday May 28th, I know there is already an Insanity group but I don't feel ready for that even though I have the workout....I have tried the workout in the past and it is fantastic I love it but have never been able to complete it. I would love to be able to find other people who are willing to join me in this journey I has successful weight loss in the past but I have not been able to keep the weight off. I started off weighing 205lbs lost 55 and have gained 30 of those back I am at 185lbs now I would love to get to 145lbs. It actually isn't so much about the weight and more about the size of my waist which I am not happy about at this time.

I plan to do the Lean version of the program in order to maximize calories burned and not so much on building too much muscle mass. I want to shed as much weight as possible before toning too much.

Hope to see some of you in the group... and wish you all great health!

Replies

• Flygirl214
    Flygirl214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sent you an invite to our P90X group! Everyone is really nice and here is a pic of my 2 week result. I have a bad knee and a bad shoulder, don't do every rep and work at a moderate intensity! I am having amazing results and would love to help you through the program!

P90XDay15Results.jpg
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Sent you an invite to our P90X group! Everyone is really nice and here is a pic of my 2 week result. I have a bad knee and a bad shoulder, don't do every rep and work at a moderate intensity! I am having amazing results and would love to help you through the program!

P90XDay15Results.jpg

O.M.G. Very impressive. I have it on my laptop and want to start, can you tell me what equipment I need to have?
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just completed P90X today. Lost 23 lbs, a few inches (didn't take any measurements but my 34W jeans are now way too big and my 32W fit now), gained strength and toned my muscles. It's not an easy program, but it works if you stick with it. Just modify as needed.

I want to lose another 15-20 lbs so I plan to start a P90X/Insanity Hybrid program on Monday. It's the P90X weight training and yoga combined with Insanity cardio. My daughter does Insanity, and it looks, well, insane, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Good luck!
  • shanndi
    shanndi Posts: 8
    Options
    im on day ten of the lean version right now, loving it. :)
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So I'm getting ready to restart the p90x. I have had about a month break. (horrible allergies, vacation, so on and so forth). I'm ready to start the lean. I would love to encourage you as we go! Friend me if you like. It looks like we are at about the same starting weight. I actually lost 30 the first time I just found MFP after I started, then put on 10 pounds on vacation. But my body shape changed a ton.
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to start phase 2 of p90x.. I love it!!
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on day 41 of P-90x lean. so far I have lost 8 pounds and at least two inches off my waist... It is is great program... I still can't do a Dreya Roll..... I skip Yoga-X and swap it out for Cardio-X. every week.
  • velotique
    velotique Posts: 4
    Options
    Angistansbury - incredible results!

I'm into phase 2 and loving every sweaty minute! Nice to see other P90X'ers here! :)
  • jmdax
    Options
    I skip Yoga-X and swap it out for Cardio-X. every week.

Any particular reason why you swap out the Yoga? If it's time constraint, just do the moving option which is the first 50 minutes. I sweat more doing yoga than any of the other workouts and burn over 800 calories during the 90-minutes. If you don't do it because you didn't like it, give it another try at some point. It really is beneficial.

I'm with you on the Dreya Rolls. I can knock off 12 of them, but I need to push off to get up. I'll do a hands-free one at some point. At least I hope I can.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • mjvasko
    mjvasko Posts: 37
    Options
    I did lean, lost 26 lbs and 16.5 inches. It was a trial at first...

Started full P90X Monday, and loving it.

Good luck!
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I swap out the yoga-x for the Cardio-x because I don't enjoy doing Yoga.... It is basicly that simple..... I do the 10 minutes of yoga in Cardio-x, and that is enough yoga for me... I am sure that it is benificial, but I don't like it so... I'm swaping it out with something that I enjoy doing (Cardio-X).... I am getting good results with P-90x it is working for me... I just don't do the Yoga....
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm on day 6 of P90x right now and I've gained 4 pounds...is that normal??? I think I've been eating right for the most part, definitely better than I have in the past so it's a little frustrating!!
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i am on week 13 of p90x lean. Love these workouts, they are amazing. I will be starting round 2 next week and doing the P90x classic this time around.

I didn't have much weight to lose when i started, i did it mostly for toning and gaining muscle and have seen an amazing difference in the way i look.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm on day 6 of P90x right now and I've gained 4 pounds...is that normal??? I think I've been eating right for the most part, definitely better than I have in the past so it's a little frustrating!!

sometimes when you start something you are not use to doing like lifting weights your body retains water... this could be where the extra weight is coming from... you would have to eat a TON of food in order to gain that much in fat in the little time you have started!
  • jmdax
    Options
    A lot of people don't like the Yoga workout. Just was wondering if that was the case with your or whether it was due to the time required.

Never did CardioX, but I plan on doing that tomorrow. Plan to alternate between that and XStretch for a few days until I'm ready to start the P90X/Insanity hybrid.
  • brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What is P90X??? I want to do it :D