Chocolate Lovers/Icecream

Options
jbean17
jbean17 Posts: 25 Member
Well, I am a chocolate lover, Love my reese's pieces peanut butter cups and I am addicted to DQ cookie dough blizzards. I can hardly go a day without giving into them. Then everything I have accomplished is shot to heck with that silly decision to eat a calorie filled chocolate bar and or ice cream and you know I couldnt just eat one or order a small. What I am wondering is if anyone knows any realitively healthy substitutes for these that I could maybe fulfill my "sweet" craving but not sabotosh a days work with that one decision!

Replies

• katiekatelin
    Options
    i have the same problem once you find the answer please let m know!
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Looks like this is a question you may want to move to another forum. Nutrition perhaps?
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I get cereal bars with chocolate in them. They normally satisfy a craving. Theres a choc fudge one by Alpen, which is under 70 cal. :)
  • oh2mi
    oh2mi Posts: 9
    Options
    I too have a sweet tooth... skinny cow ice cream is not bad at all... they make ice cream sandwiches that are 140 cal for one ice cream sandwich... I also think that klondike makes an ice cream sandwich that is 100 calories... i just spotted them the other day, but haven't tried them yet. Skinny cow also makes some ice cream in small tubs and other ice cream treats.... they can be a lil expensive but are very yummy!!! I also have had a friend that would make her own ice cream sandwiches out of chocolate graham crackers and light/fat free cool whip... I am sure there is a lower fat option for graham crackers... and the calories would be low if you go with low fat for both ingredients. You just make the sandwich and freeze in the freezer....

Hope it helps!
    :o)
  • oh2mi
    oh2mi Posts: 9
    Options
    Oh! And Fiber One has some yummo snack bars for 90 calories... most of them have chocolate in them or some other sweets :o)
  • jbean17
    jbean17 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Looks like this is a question you may want to move to another forum. Nutrition perhaps?

Very good point, I honestly didnt realize I posted it in this section, My bad :(
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You must check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com. AMAZING stuff, and it's pretty simple to make, too!
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    stop driving past dairy queen.
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    Maybe try making your own? I know there's recipes for low calorie shakes out there. Or you could buy some vanilla yogurt, add some cocoa powder and cookies into a blender, then freeze it. I'm sure there are substitutions that can still fill your craving. And making your own means you know EXACTLY what's going into it! :)
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Maybe try making your own? I know there's recipes for low calorie shakes out there. Or you could buy some vanilla yogurt, add some cocoa powder and cookies into a blender, then freeze it. I'm sure there are substitutions that can still fill your craving. And making your own means you know EXACTLY what's going into it! :)

^^ this. Try a container of lite vanilla yogurt with a packet of Swiss Miss 25 calorie hot cocoa mix stirred in, add peanut butter if you like. Maybe you could freeze it, then stir in chocolate cookie crumbles (there must be low cal wafers available). Just the yogurt and Swiss Miss alone are pretty good, and only 105 Calories.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    What works for me is this.....I don't have any. If I do, I cannot stop. Every once in a while I will have some good dark chocolate but even that can set me off to go way over my cals. For what ever reason, I lose all willpower once I give in to sweets and start to munch on everything.

The one thing that I do enjoy (so I guess this is a tip) and I have it all the time is Arctic Zone ice cream. The entire pint is under 150 calories....I nuke it in the microwave before I eat it and it comes out like soft serve ice cream. My favorite flavors are vanilla with a touch of maple and chocolate peanut butter.....it is not as creamy as the real stuff and it's expensive but worth it to me. Sometimes I add nuts or granola to it as well.....I'm going to try making my own protein ice cream soon and hope to replace the Arctic zone....at $4.50 a pint, it adds up.
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I gave up sweets all together for a while and ate fruits I like (apples, bananas, grapes, etc) to satify my craving for sugar until I got it under control. Now I eat those things but I use portion control and factor them into my calorie count.
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Bars. They're delicious! 100 calories, 1g fat, 24g carbs, 4g protein, and 5g fiber.
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth. I have something sweet just about every day even though I am trying to cut back to only a couple times a week. I bought the dark chocolate dove bliss candy and eat 1-2 a night or 1-3 hershey kisses a day and that seems to help instead of eating a whole candy bar. But if I have ice cream in the house its over, i eat it lol so I try not to buy it often :)
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Peel and freeze bananas, then blend them to make a soft-serve consistency. You can add candy bits or chocolate sauce.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Sugar free dark chocolate pudding - 60 cals
    Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow ice creams - 150 cals
    Dove dark chocolate promises - 45 cals
    Atkins Dark Chocolate Coconut bars - 170 cals
  • michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I couldn't survive without chocolate. I eat chocolate Vitatops and Fiber One Brownies. PB2 with chocolate is good too. All low calorie, super healthy, and most importantly - REAL CHOCOLATE that TASTES GOOD!
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I allow for 5 pieces of Dark Chocolate in my Calorie goals a day, i might not have it every day, but it satisfies those chocolatey urges so i don't over indulge :)
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Chocolate sorbet or chocolate ice cream made with coconut milk! The chocolate flavor is usually pretty intense because it isn't diluted on your palate by the fat in the cream.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle ice cream bar wins hands down in my house! :love: