Ate about 3000 calories!

Options
So I have been dieting for over a month now and has lost 10lbs. I usually eat about 1200-1300 cals a day. Today was my friends birthday and she was having a party at her house I had only eaten 360 calories until 8pm because I knew there would be so much gorgeous food! But when I got there I just couldn't resist everything! I genuinely think I have eaten 3000 calories today!! eugh! Do you think I should cut down drastically tomorrow and exercise lots or just go back to my daily diet and exercise routine. ps I'm 153lbs and 5ft 3in. Thanks!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    just get back on the plan, no need for drastic actions to "counteract" today.

You just learned something. Undereating ahead of time to compensate rarely works. You arrive starving and go overboard. If you arrived feeling only a tiny bit hungry, you may have had a chance at resisting. Next time, don't set yourself up like that.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Don't cut down drastically. You're already not eating much as it is. Just go back to your daily diet and exercise routine.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    No, you shouldn't starve tomorrow. Just go back to what you were doing. At 19 and over 5 foot your maintenance is probably over 2k so you haven't done any notable damage.

And consider eating more overall so you don't binge.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    One splurge isn't going to hurt you. It's actually kind of good to do that once in awhile. Back to normal the next day and all will be well.
  • Dixie341
    Dixie341 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree, just get back on plan! I too am learning that undereating can back-fire!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh, I ate 2 king-size Caramilk bars & a 12 inch Subway Sub.

But whatever... I still did my Cardio today... so tomorrow is a new day.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    just get back on the plan, no need for drastic actions to "counteract" today.

You just learned something. Undereating ahead of time to compensate rarely works. You arrive starving and go overboard. If you arrived feeling only a tiny bit hungry, you may have had a chance at resisting. Next time, don't set yourself up like that.

I totally agree!! Just be better aware next time.. :)
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    When I have days like that I just continue on meeting my daily goal the next day or perhaps 100-200 cals under. Often I find the food before doesn't stick and just passes.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Read the thread on "When you have a binge or eat out" Great advice
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    At 19 and over 5 foot your maintenance is probably over 2k so you haven't done any notable damage.

I wish, I'm 19, 5 foot 5, and my maintenance is only 1700 cals *cries*

I can eeeeeeeeeeeasily eat more than that.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You'd have to eat 3500 EXTRA calories to gain an actual pound...so chillax :)
  • BellaB7810
    BellaB7810 Posts: 28
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Just go about tomorrow as a normal day. Keeping your metabolism in the same mode will help burn the extra calories. Starving will only slow your metabolism which you DON'T want to do. We all have those days when we pig out. So what? You are not defined by your meal plan. You are on a journey. This is not a contest and you are not being graded. Drink lots of plain water and go forward determined to do better. Don't beat yourself up.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I hate to state the obvious but being hungry is what got us all into trouble in the first place. If you want an off-day then eat maintainance for that day, don't starve yourself until the binge.
  • francesca_c123456789
    Options

ahh omw that's fantastic!

and thank you guys for the advice! I'm just going back to my normal diet and I'll maybe hit the gym! :)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I genuinely think I have eaten 3000 calories today!!
    Rad!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't cut down drastically. You're already not eating much as it is. Just go back to your daily diet and exercise routine.
    ^^^^^ THIS! You'll be fine... live, learn and move on! Good luck to you :-)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I had a 3000 calorie Saturday last week and still lost weight for the week. I didn't even change up my normal routine at all to counter act it. It's not the end of the world.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options

^^^^THIS