Like Organic Food? Then You're a Jerk!

Options
Organic Food Can Make You Act Like a Jerk

CalorieLab cites an article published at a Loyola University New Orleans--a private, Jesuit university. From CalorieLab, "The experiments showed that not only did people in the organic food group act more judgmental, but they were also more selfish when it came to helping a needy stranger compared to the control and comfort food groups."

Maybe it is fitting to disclose that Louisiana is shares the title with Kentucky as the fourth & fifth most obese states--that is, 31.5% obesity. I bet those GMO-eating, pesticide-loving... uh oh... maybe they're right?!

Link to article: http://calorielab.com/labnotes/20120519/organic-food-act-like-jerk-moral-behavior/

Replies

• WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Total bull.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    OK then, what am I if I like fried food?

Well, besides a little chubby:blushing:
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Organic food is for elitist hipsters
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Anybody want to wager this study was funded by Monsanto?
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Sarcasm right?
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lolcatftw
    lolcatftw Posts: 36
    Options
    Or DuPont, or Bayer, or any of the major GMO companies. It's possible. Then again, this is not a scientific study; rather, it's just a headline generating (grant-seeking) study published in a psychological journal. There is no scientific data. Simply interpretation of a poll.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options

Unfortunately the vast majority of organic eating people I've met are exactly that. My best friend is one of them. She is constantly belittling me for not eating organic and super clean and such.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Unfortunately the vast majority of organic eating people I've met are exactly that. My best friend is one of them. She is constantly belittling me for not eating organic and super clean and such.

Yeah, not a fan of getting scoffed at for eating from a box.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Tell those jerks, I eat whatever I want..
    dealwithitc.gif