EGGS.

Options

Replies

• Broekhart
    Broekhart Posts: 2
    Options
    I use non stick pan and I only use the egg whites if I fry them. Not the yolk.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I use eggies. Plastic containers that you stick in boiling water. I put egg whites, with a bit of grated cheese and come Chopped Spinach. omlette balls kind of. lol.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A little bit of olive oil works but I learned to poach eggs and ever since ive stopped eating fried.
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    I use greek olive oil and while thats heating I'll leg it across the garden to the hen house lol then run back and put them into the pan. I season them with dried herbs a little lemon juice and fresh garlic. Beautiful! :happy:

Personally though I love soft boiled eggs and soldiers (there is still a 5 year old in side me that loves dipping soldiers lol) :laugh:
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cooking spray is nasty. Don't use that, use real food. Healthy fat is good for you (fat does not make you fat!). Butter is awesome, but if you want to change it up, coconut oil or lard/tallow are good too. Olive oil is for low-temp cooking only -- it converts at high temps and is no longer healthy.

I agree. If you like butter, enjoy the butter! It is real food people have been eating for generations. Spray oil is a weird invention of the American chemical-industrial complex! ;)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i like em poached with greens and a little hollandaise!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    tefflon pan.

no oil or butter or anything
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Buy a non-stick pan and you won't need to use any form of butter/oil :)
    That!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I just bought a set of excellent non-stick pots & pans (red with white ceramic coating inside) and even eggs with cheese require absolutely no butter or oil at all. I've been able to reduce my fat intake dramatically. There have come a long way with non-stick and it's worth the investment. =)
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Dry fry your eggs in a non stick pan .....you can use one cal spray if you do not trust the pan.....I spread it over the pan with kitchen towel(paper) so not much there really. The art to this method is to have the heat fairly low so as not to burn the eggs and therefore cook the egg properly....boiled or poached are good too....hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of butter is a whole lot more than you actually need.
    Try using a small non stick pan with half a teaspoon of butter. You still get the butter taste but a big reduction in cals.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Cooking spray is nasty. Don't use that, use real food. Healthy fat is good for you (fat does not make you fat!). Butter is awesome, but if you want to change it up, coconut oil or lard/tallow are good too. Olive oil is for low-temp cooking only -- it converts at high temps and is no longer healthy.

I agree. If you like butter, enjoy the butter! It is real food people have been eating for generations. Spray oil is a weird invention of the American chemical-industrial complex! ;)
    Wait, what? A food science professor told me that tallow is the LEAST healthy of the natural occurring fats, and that lard is pretty bad, too. As, by the way, is coconut oil.

Olive oil can be hard to use at lower temps as it has a relatively low smoking temperature. But when that's the case, I use canola oil. Also, if you want to limit the amount of oil, pour a bit in the pan, and then use a paper towel to spread the oil and sop up any excess.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    tefflon pan.

no oil or butter or anything

teflon peels and you can get that weird material in your food. >>> cast iron for the win! totally non-stick when cared for properly.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Pam is good for frying...

However, I tend to boil my eggs a lot. I always boil a half dozen eggs on Sunday and have them in the fridge ready to grab and go for the week... :)
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs! Usually I put a tablespoon or so of olive oil to fry them in. Every now and then I have some bacon with them and just use that grease. I save the butter for my toast :)

EDIT - And I hate those teflon pans....eggs are the best with some olive oil and a cast iron frying pan!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i buy the carton of egg whites .. use two helpings of that equals a 1/2c , put in red bell pepper, onion, italian seasoning , sometimes mushrooms and i cook it in a bowl in the microwave.. throw franks hot sauce on it ..today i made it in a la tortilla whole grain wrap ..sometimes i eat it as is with a side bowl of oatmeal
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I eat hard boiled eggs on a regular basis. Every morning for breakfast. Good stuff.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    little bit of onion + tomato + chilli pepper powder + black pepper to make it an omlete and cook with PAM spray. TADA!

or you know...just make a boring regular egg works too. Don't forget to add some cheese though!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My only new suggstions is to try less butter. The others ideas are ones I've tried - spray oil, olive oli, or just microwave. Good luck!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Get a nonstick pan and a Misto to put oil in. I don't buy Pam anymore now that I have that and can just put a light mist of oil on what I need it on.