What I eat

Options
So looking at my meals and what I eat over this last month I have made a lot of discoveries and become confused a lot too. I don't drink soda really, eat fast food at all, and I rarely eat out at restaurants and when I do I normally get everything well normal. So I am having a hard time seeing where I can cut back more and what I can change here and there. I know I have issues with snacks like chocolate and I have learned to sub my chocolate bar to like skinny cow chocolate which made a nice difference but I'm still confused about what to change and all.

Replies

• workshy000
    workshy000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe portion size?
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a few days of your diary. I suggest eating more veggies and a little whole fruit. That may help make you stay stasified longer, and less likely to snack. And/or start reviewing fiber consumption.
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I only looked at a few days of your diary. I suggest eating more veggies and a little whole fruit. That may help make you stay stasified longer, and less likely to snack. And/or start reviewing fiber consumption.

My only issue is that I don't really eat when I'm hungry I eat when I'm bored which is all the time at work and veggies and fruits don't seem to fill me up at all. I can seriously eat a whole watermelon lol
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Grilled - Chicken Kabob, 16 oz (1 kabob)

Really ?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

My only issue is that I don't really eat when I'm hungry I eat when I'm bored which is all the time at work and veggies and fruits don't seem to fill me up at all. I can seriously eat a whole watermelon lol

Stop eating when you're bored then. You're not eating much as it is do I don't think calorie wise you should cut back in any case.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. You should get about 20 grams per meal and I saw many breakfast you had 1 gram. Protein will fill you up so you aren't as hungry. Also, good fats will fill you up as well (avocado, nuts, etc.).

For snacks try eating Greek yogurt, string cheese, jerky, maybe protein shakes/bars? Those all have protein.
  • lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You eat a lot of bacon. I hope that's turkey bacon.
    Drink more water and you won't feel hungry all the time. It can keep you from boredom snacking.
  • rachaellynn91
    Options

Stop eating when you're bored then. Or accept slower loss.

lol easier said then done I managed to stop it to the point where it is healthier snacks but I still at a desk for basically 12 hours a day where I can't leave my desk other than to go to the bathroom or to eat my lunch which I also eat at my desk. It's not something that can happen over night really but I've never been one to eat when I'm hungry I always just eat at times of the day cause if I wait till I get a 'hungry feeling' I won't end up eating until like noon and that's it cause I really don't get that 'feeling' lol odd I don't know how else to phrase it
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    Grilled - Chicken Kabob, 16 oz (1 kabob)

Really ?

Yeah it was a family dinner and that sadly I didn't have the recipe for so I just picked a kabob off the site lol
  • QueenOfShiba
    QueenOfShiba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I didn't look too far back into your diary, but your snacks are mostly under 200 calories, so I think they're reasonable. One thing I noticed is that your favorite bagel/bread is taking up a chunk of your calories. Maybe look into some different options for that. I like the Thomas bagel thins. I know people will say to eat more protein than carbs, and it's true that that will help, but if you're like me, I gotta have my carbs. :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

lol easier said then done I managed to stop it to the point where it is healthier snacks but I still at a desk for basically 12 hours a day where I can't leave my desk other than to go to the bathroom or to eat my lunch which I also eat at my desk. It's not something that can happen over night really but I've never been one to eat when I'm hungry I always just eat at times of the day cause if I wait till I get a 'hungry feeling' I won't end up eating until like noon and that's it cause I really don't get that 'feeling' lol odd I don't know how else to phrase it

Healthier snacks? I wouldn't call skinny cow healthier. High carb snacks will just reinforce your habit of snacking all the time. Start bringing pre-measured amounts of real food for snacking to work. Like a ziplock bag of 1.5 ounces of almonds or something. Real food will fill you up more than sugary food. And try to eat both protein and veggies/fruits at every meal.

And you claim fruit doesn't fill you up? Haha. Try eating three apples.
  • QueenOfShiba
    QueenOfShiba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh, and gum in every flavor can help when I want to graze in front of the computer!
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I didn't look too far back into your diary, but your snacks are mostly under 200 calories, so I think they're reasonable. One thing I noticed is that your favorite bagel/bread is taking up a chunk of your calories. Maybe look into some different options for that. I like the Thomas bagel thins. I know people will say to eat more protein than carbs, and it's true that that will help, but if you're like me, I gotta have my carbs. :)

I gotta have my carbs too but I agree I already love the raisin ones with peanut butter thank you!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I can only make general comments on what others have said.

I am also a work snacker.

Sometimes, I make myself drink a liter of water before I let myself have a snack. I put lemon and basil in my water which makes it taste better and feel more like a snack.

I also got a little electric tea pot for my desk and I make myself fruit flavored tea sometimes when I want a snack. I put 1/2 a pack of sugar in it.

I also eat atomic fireballs. 10 calories each and they're make with capsasian (sp?) which is the stuff that makes peppers hot, not just cinnamon. When I've had one of those, my brain forgets about other snacks because my mouth is on fire. I've also used listerine and herbal mouth spray to kill cravings... and it keeps my breath fresh!

I figure it's easier to substitute than to stop snacking entirely... I mean it's work, I'm gonna get bored after all.

The other thing is to look at whether you're actually eating enough calories, since you seem to be hungry a lot. Try these websites in add'n to MFP:

fit2fatradio.com
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Good luck to you!
    All the best, Jen

edited for spelling (silly auto-correct)
  • rachaellynn91
    Options

Healthier snacks? I wouldn't call skinny cow healthier. High carb snacks will just reinforce your habit of snacking all the time. Start bringing pre-measured amounts of real food for snacking to work. Like a ziplock bag of 1.5 ounces of almonds or something. Real food will fill you up more than sugary food. And try to eat both protein and veggies/fruits at every meal.

And you claim fruit doesn't fill you up? Haha. Try eating three apples.

I think skinny cow is healthier than my m&ms sharing size and king size take fives lol girls gotta have her chocolate. The whole three apples things is again difficult with my job cause I can't just sit there and munch on sticky apple slices all day the skinny cows are just four tiny pieces lol but thanks for the tips
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Definitely ditch all the processed stuff (cheezits, skinny cow, etc.) and add way more fruits and veggies. I hardly saw any in the few days I looked at.
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I can only make general comments on what other's have said.

I am also a work snacker.

Sometimes, I make myself drink a liter of water before I let myself have a snack. I put lemon and basil in my water which makes it taste better and feel more like a snack.

I also got a little electric tea pot for my desk and I make myself fruit flavored tea sometimes when I want a snack. I put 1/2 a pack of sugar in it.

I also eat atomic fireballs. 10 calories each and they're make with capsasian (sp?) which is the stuff that makes peppers hot, not just cinnamon. When I've had one of those, my brain forgets about other snacks because my mouth is on fire. I've also used listerine and herbal mouth spray to kill cravings... and it keeps my breath fresh!

I figure it's easier to substitute than to stop snacking entirely... I mean it's work, I'm gonna get bored after all.

The other thing is to look at whether you're actually eating enough calories, since you seem to be hungry a lot. Try these websites in add'n to MFP:

fit2fatradio.com
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Good luck to you!
    All the best, Jen

edited for spelling (silly auto-correct)

Jen I love you're tips and I'll check out the website thank you!!
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have had a big issue with eating out of boredom too. At first when I try to lose weight I will get really hungry in the afternoon because that is when I struggle the most with boredom eating. What has worked for me is to allow my self a portioned snack and then either drink water, chew gum or just ignore the rumbling in my stomach. It might help if you only brought healthy snack with you to work in controlled portion amounts and were really strict about not eating more. After about a week your body will adjust and you will not have that hunger anymore. Also if you aren't eating excess calories but are looking to lose weight you might have to up your workouts :)
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    Ditch the crystal light, try bagel thins instead of the huge bagels, cut back on your cheese, maybe try to limit your skinny cow to every other day instead of every day, ditch the chips and cheez-its and crackers, try to incorporate a serving of veggies and lean protein into every meal. Try to drink a glass of water, and have a stick of gum instead of a snack every time you know you are just bored and not hungry.
    Hopefully some of those things will help you out, sorry if it sounded rude or brief or rushed. I was trying to be quick haha.
    Feel free to message/add me if you need support or any help.
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would definitely eat more fruits and veggies, leans meats like chicken breast and low sodium sliced turkey, beans, brown rice, plain Greek yogurt, plain oatmeal sweetened with banana or unsweetened applesauce. Less cheese and bacon. Also the artificial sweeteners in sugar-free drinks and foods are weight loss sabotagers,