Inner thigh exercise

Options
Do any one have good tips for inner thigh exercise , I work out 4x a week for 30 minutes I only do the elliptical machine and sometime the bicycle machine. I feel like I am gaining more muscle than losing weight ....plz help me ?

Replies

• goodlookinsista
    Options
    Do any one have good tips for inner thigh exercise , I work out 4x a week for 30 minutes I only do the elliptical machine and sometime the bicycle machine. I feel like I am gaining more muscle than losing weight ....plz help me ?
  • drakkonfly
    Options
    Inner thighs, sumo squat works well. No equipment needed to do this one. If you workout at the gym there are 2 other machine for inner and outter thighs. Hip abductor and Hip adductor. Both are great for the thighs. Hope this helps!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    what exactly do you want to do to your inner thighs? If you're looking to tone them, there are lots of kinds of excercises including squats, lunges, and several that involve gym equipment. If you're looking to lose fat off them, you need to do lots of cardio (like what you are already doing, maybe add running, swimming, skipping etc.) Unfortunately you can't choose where you lose fat from. It may come of your thighs first or it may not. Mine is all coming from my tummy and chest right now! Though I wish it would come from my thighs! BUT it will eventually come off of your thighs, just keep doing cardio!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    YEAH! LAY ON YOUR SIDE AND PUT YOUR LEGS OUT STRAIGHT. NOW MOVE YOUR LOWER LEG FURTHER BEHIND. PUT A WEIGHT ON YOUR LOWER LEG(START WITH 5#?) AND SLOWLY LIFT THE LOWER LEG UP AND DOWN (DON'T TOUCH THE FLOOR) FOR AS MANY REPS AS YOU CAN (YOU CAN HOLD THE WEIGHT IF NEEDED). THEN FLIP OVER AND SWITCH LEGS DOING THE SAME THING WITH THE OTHER LEG. IT'S A KILLER!!! HAVE FUN:bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the chances of gaining any muscle before you've been lifting for 6-8 weeks is slim to none. If you're only performing cardiovascular activity (bike and elliptical), you're not going to gain any either. On top of that, you're in a caloric deficit, which doesn't allow for much, if any, muscular growth. I promise, you're not gaining any muscle, but if you're experiencing some weight gain, that's normal. It's just due to changes in water and stored energy in the form of glycogen in your muscles. It's not fat.

Also, no resistance training will make an area smaller. It'll either make it grow, or keep it the same size. Fat loss is what causes a decrease in inches. I'm not saying that you shouldn't work your inner thigh, but don't expect it to make your thighs not touch. Focus instead on compound exercises for the legs--things like squats, leg press, and lunges--that work the entire leg. That will help increase your metabolism and will also affect the inner thigh area.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the chances of gaining any muscle before you've been lifting for 6-8 weeks is slim to none. If you're only performing cardiovascular activity (bike and elliptical), you're not going to gain any either. On top of that, you're in a caloric deficit, which doesn't allow for much, if any, muscular growth. I promise, you're not gaining any muscle, but if you're experiencing some weight gain, that's normal. It's just due to changes in water and stored energy in the form of glycogen in your muscles. It's not fat.

Also, no resistance training will make an area smaller. It'll either make it grow, or keep it the same size. Fat loss is what causes a decrease in inches. I'm not saying that you shouldn't work your inner thigh, but don't expect it to make your thighs not touch. Focus instead on compound exercises for the legs--things like squats, leg press, and lunges--that work the entire leg. That will help increase your metabolism and will also affect the inner thigh area.

Great Post!
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    I will try that and see if that works thanks
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    what exactly do you want to do to your inner thighs? If you're looking to tone them, there are lots of kinds of excercises including squats, lunges, and several that involve gym equipment. If you're looking to lose fat off them, you need to do lots of cardio (like what you are already doing, maybe add running, swimming, skipping etc.) Unfortunately you can't choose where you lose fat from. It may come of your thighs first or it may not. Mine is all coming from my tummy and chest right now! Though I wish it would come from my thighs! BUT it will eventually come off of your thighs, just keep doing cardio!
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    i want to lose my inner thigh the are rubbering together I don't like that at all , i thought the ellipticall would help but it's not .
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    That sounds really good I will try that too. Thanks!:smile:
  • goodlookinsista
    Options

Great Post!
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    So do i ned to lose weight first before iI work out, I f don't want to build wha ti already have I wan to lose it!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    So do i ned to lose weight first before iI work out, I f don't want to build wha ti already have I wan to lose it!

You will lose muscle when you lose fat. It happens to everyone, unfortunately, and has some negative repercussions like decreasing your metabolic rate. I promise, you *don't* want to purposely lose muscle. The only way to prevent major muscle loss while losing fat is to perform resistance training. Resistance training also increases bone density, which is very important for women, so don't neglect that aspect of your workout.

As you lose fat, you will lose inches, so count on that rather than muscle loss to make yourself smaller. Fat loss comes from staying active and remaining in a caloric deficit (and also choosing the *right* foods).