p90x questions etc etc etc...

Options
I was wondering do you all recommended me getting p90x and going thru with it or Insanity?
I am doing 30 day shred and am on level 2 day 6 and I have lost 6 pounds so far (am on a plateu right now :-( gained 1 pound and haven't lost any for a few days) and only lost I think 1-2 inches so far.. I am feeling that 30 day shred isn't doing it for me.

I want some kind of a work out that gives me fast results.. I have watched youtube videos and saw transformation. But when I do this will my skin come with me when I lose the weight? I don't want anything dangling lol

currently I am 305.5 5ft3 1/2

and 1 other question should i get a heart rate monitor or a fit bit if I am only doing the work out videos and walking..

I have a sport line heart rate monitor watch already but have no idea how to set it and I don't have the instructions.. I got it like almost 3 years ago. Don't remember when.

Replies

• BeautifulKristen
    Options
    o.o anyone?
  • fitfanat
    fitfanat Posts: 2
    Options
    p90x is really good and they do offer modifications for beginners. Listen, look and follow those modifications. This is no 30 minute workout though. It's almost always an hour but if you want results faster....those results came from eating healthier consistantly and doing the dvd to the best of your current ability.

As far as your skin, it depends on heredity on whether it decides to come with you...getting muscle will help:wink:
  • littlecesar
    littlecesar Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi, I just ordered the Fitbit today. It looks like an item that will tell you just what you are burning without guessing. It is something you might look into getting. Do you get fitness videos through your TV....on demand? If you do, there are many videos you can go through for free if you don't want to invest in the P90X. It seems like a very serious workout at very high intensity. Are you used to doing high intensity workouts? For me, I think I would be overwhelmed and feel bad that I can't keep up. Good luck with your decision. Dee:happy:
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    well there is p90x for sale on the craiglist in my state.. 50 dollars for 1 package. I was looking into that. i don't have anything on demand on tv. I don't even have tv.. lol (only local channels)

level 2 of 30 day shred isn't doing anything for me.. I really hope that level 3 will be doing something. I want some type of a INTENSE work out.. lol..

I wonder is there any jumping jacks in p90x? I do not do them. I only butt kick instead when Jillian does them lol