so frustrated!!

Options
i cant stop eating at night!! i will go to bed and wake up a few hours later (usually around12am) hungry. for some reason i can justify having a snack even if i am over my caloric intake!! it is never anything bad, (ussually like a bowl of frosted mini wheats) but i dont know why i do it! why do i wake up? why cant i just talk myself out of it? i am so frustrated someone help me!!

Replies

• stjohngirl
    Options
    We all do it from time to time. The important thing is to forgive yourself and to move on.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    maybe try to pacify yourself with a big glass of water and see if you are really hungry. Sometimes we think we are hungry when really it is something else.
  • lizzyksm
    Options
    A lot of times is your body telling you: I'm thirsty!

Read this: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1476896/weight_loss_tips_hungry_or_thirsty.html

I hope it helps some!:flowerforyou:

Also...don't beat yourself up...we are humans, we make mistakes:smile:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of hot water or herbal tea instead of food?

Whenever I eat refined carbs during the day (bread, pasta, cookies etc.),
    I wake up hungry & want to eat more of the same! :sad: :grumble: :sad:
  • cjbrock
    Options
    I so do the same thing and I thought I was the only one. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. I sure wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. My Dr. put me on Elivil which is used to help me sleep and just recently it was incressed to the max dosage and I still wake up in the middle of the night. If you find and answer could you send it my way and I will do the same for you.

Oh and I usually eat PB, chocolate and cookies.