Ok Halfway

Options
itgeekwoman
itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
Last summer I was visiting my grandson and he told me I was too fat to ride in the car with him. I was very hurt, but I realized he was right. I could barely move. I was 41 years old, just quit smoking 6 months earlier and have struggled with my weight for 20+ years. I was diagnosed with High blood pressure and was on medication to assist. I also had a rotator cuff repair in May and was not strong.

AllPics_SkinnyProgression1.jpg
I was 238 when I came home from the doctors and informed my husband that he had a choice. We would eat healthy and I'd lower my risk for everything, or we can keep going the way we are and I'd most likely have diabetes and heart disease in the next few years. His choice was to get healthy as much as he didn't want to change his eating habits. So I just started working out. I joined a gym and ate well. I didn't count calories, but I watched what I ate to ensure that I was keeping my metabolism going and eating appropriate amounts of food. I refused to make separate meals he ate what I did.. even though he kept complaining he wasn't the fat one. He had GERD and very high cholesterol.

Now.. :) Today I'm down 54 lbs, with another 55+ to go. I'm down from a size 24 and bought and wore a size 12 today. My blood pressure is normal. I workout 4x a week and with the help of a nutritionist have been able to determine the best mix of foods to reduce the weight and maintain the loss.

My husband has been taken off his cholesterol medication, he no longer requires the GERD medications and he's joined the gym last month in addition to losing 25lbs.

beachbikiniMay2012.jpg
I know that I'm not the best sight in a bikini, but it was my goal to wear a bikini on the beach for our vacation. I feel great, I don't look too bad and I can't wait to do this next year after I've lost the final weight and can really rock the bikini.
Thanks!!

Replies

• HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You deserve to wear your bikini.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and you should wear the bikini after your accomplishments!
  • lunchlady61
    lunchlady61 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing over 50 pounds! It is stories like yours that prove we can do this! I am still in the single digits, and not seeing much of a change, but am inspired to keep trying. You have earned that bikini!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You look so good in your bikini! So relaxed and happy!!! Awesome work!
  • itgeekwoman
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It was a real challenge but most of all I am healthy. I can't wait to lose the last of it and be the HOT wife :).
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to hot to be a grandma! :wink:
  • itgeekwoman
    Options
    I can't wait to get down to my final size, but the getting there is so much fun too. This is the greatest experience for me to date in my life. The strength that I have found and the support in my family and friends is overwhelming. I am very happy to have this site to help me stay focused.
    Thanks everyone for the motivation and support!!
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Fan-freaking-TASTIC!! :drinker:

YOU ARE DOING IT (and bringing your loved one along with you!!!)!!!!

KEEP IT UP!!:flowerforyou:
  • brady258
    brady258 Posts: 15
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep it up!
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up the amazing progress!!!! :)
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats on your loss! Your hard work shows!!! :flowerforyou:
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    You look Good! Great story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!