Anyone near Austin/Central Texas?

Options
I'm Amy and new here! I'm on WW online also but I'm finding flaws in their plan and think I might try this. I'd like to find a support group near Austin that might be interested in working out occasionally. I have near 150 lbs to lose so I'm not nearly there. I plan on joining RunTex's ATX100 which, I hope, will also keep me motivated. I've also started a blog and I'd love to share if anyone is interested. :)

So far the support from members is really encouraging (on other posts). This seems like a great community and I'm looking forward to learning more.

Amy

Replies

• vnzapata
    vnzapata Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in SA, Tx. I have 100 lbs to lose and am really needing support as well. I'll add you & maybe we can motivate each other. The big picture of 100 lbs is tough, but I'm determined! Hope to hear from you soon.
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is really scary but people do it every day! SA isn't far from Austin, maybe we can do races together in each town?

A
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I live in south austin :)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Austinite. :flowerforyou:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Antonio, also. You've come to the right place!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Lewisville, TX here!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    North Austin here
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am in Austin, I do weights and walking down on Town Lake. Austin has a huge "fit" culture.
  • hayleabrianne
    Options
    Back and forth from Austin to College Station! And I'm new to the site also! Hoping to make this summer "my summer" to get healthy and actually stick with it. I love running outside but unfortunately I work in the morning when it's cool out and it's just too hot during the afternoon! Guess I'll be seeing a lot of the gym... :)
  • jasond8023
    jasond8023 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fellow Austinite here!
  • yvonne74
    yvonne74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi i'm in san anonio. This is my first time coming on here i normally just come on to log my food etc... But believe me it works.
  • NonDebutante3dot0
    NonDebutante3dot0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello from central Austin! Anybody here work out at Body Business?
  • evalba
    evalba Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm Amy and new here! I'm on WW online also but I'm finding flaws in their plan and think I might try this. I'd like to find a support group near Austin that might be interested in working out occasionally. I have near 150 lbs to lose so I'm not nearly there. I plan on joining RunTex's ATX100 which, I hope, will also keep me motivated. I've also started a blog and I'd love to share if anyone is interested. :)

So far the support from members is really encouraging (on other posts). This seems like a great community and I'm looking forward to learning more.

Amy

East Austin area here...I'm just beginning my workout journey all over again...(I've been lazy for about a month and it shows) I attend free workout classes at a recreation center in east Austin and play kickball (ladies and co-ed) Feel free to add as a friend and if you're in the area and would like to join in working out let me know...the more the merrier..:))
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    San Antonio Texas here! Looking for all the motivation and MFP I can find :) Feel free to add me!
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi I'm in south Austin. I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds and would love to run a 10K by the end of the year. Does anyone need a running buddy?
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    183 and 35!! Asia!!
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    RIo GRande valley,Tx...(san benito tx)..welcome
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bastrop here. I work in Austin and College Station.