Darn food cravings!

Options
Wow, I totally fell off the wagon during lunch today!
I did so good this morning and ran 3 1/2 miles, but for some reason at lunch time I had this craving for a burger, so I went to Jack-in-the-Box and got myself a burger, curly fries, and a cheesecake. I ate it all and I have to say it was really good! But now I feel guilty for eating it all! Why did I have to do that?! :grumble: Anyways, just venting...

103332.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Everybody gets off track sometimes. Just try to get back on track tomorrow. It'll be ok!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I agree with Silver_Dream. We all go though those times...especially during TOM. I always want something salty...pickles, chips, french fries. I could easily go without sweet stuff.
  • liza123jax
    Options
    I'm glad someone said it, I have horrible food cravings during TOM! I always feel like I'm staving for 3-5 days every 28 days! :embarassed:
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Here are two things I have tried for my cravings, which are extreme. Vanilla yogurt with a tablespoon of dutch process cocoa stirred in . It helps with the chocolate cravings. Also the following smoothie helps too.

1/2 cup hot water
    1 tablespoon instant coffee
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use "energy first" brand)
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 sweet n low packet

Put hot water, coffee and protein powder in blender and whip up, (makes it frothy like a latte) then put in glass or large cup and add milk and sweet n low. Its quite good and feels like a treat but its good for you and helps curb cravings. You can even add the dutch process cocoa powder for a mocha taste. Try it! Good luck!