I need all of your help please!!!!!

Options
Ok...so here is my question...im a little confused about what has been happening with my weight loss journey here recently and im wondering if any of you out there have experienced the same thing or at least can shed some light on whats going on. I have lost about 60 lbs over the past year and things have been pretty slow recently...i kind of fell off the wagon lately- probably for about the last 6 weeks i havent really exercised (which i use to do 5x a week) and i have kind of been eating whatever i want- ( i will chart my cals for breakfast and lunch and then kinda not for dinner :-/ ) so i have been watching my weight still and its so weird that i have pretty much stopped exercising (maybe once or twice a week now- maybe) and really been eating badly
and i havent gained ONE POUND????

does anyone know why my weight isnt going anywhere...before i spent about 4 months going to the gym all the time and eating w/in my cals every day and could not lose 1 lb...now i dont exercise and kinda eat whatever i want and dont gain anything?

whats going on????

thanks for your help MFP pals....i know u guys will have something for me

Replies

• waldenlev
    waldenlev Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    As much as you say you've been eating "whatever you want" I think you'd likely find that's not true; had a sleve of Oreos? Pint of ice cream, box of Tagalongs? Doubt it.

After the great success you've had so far I think you've just become more accustomed to the "right" amount of food for your body, and you're seeing the effect of eating smarter than you think you are. And if you're stilling logging breakfast and lunch I'll be you know what's left for dinner, at least subconsciously. Also, your body weight could be constant, but your lean mass vs body fat may be changing.

But let's get back to to the unasked question, why have you "fallen off the wagon"? And what will it take to get you back on? 60 lbs in a year is a great success! Something you should be very proud of. Perhaps it's time for a different gym, or change of routine, but don't give back any of the ground you've taken!
  • sweetie89207
    sweetie89207 Posts: 361
    Options
    As much as you say you've been eating "whatever you want" I think you'd likely find that's not true; had a sleve of Oreos? Pint of ice cream, box of Tagalongs? Doubt it.

After the great success you've had so far I think you've just become more accustomed to the "right" amount of food for your body, and you're seeing the effect of eating smarter than you think you are. And if you're stilling logging breakfast and lunch I'll be you know what's left for dinner, at least subconsciously. Also, your body weight could be constant, but your lean mass vs body fat may be changing.

But let's get back to to the unasked question, why have you "fallen off the wagon"? And what will it take to get you back on? 60 lbs in a year is a great success! Something you should be very proud of. Perhaps it's time for a different gym, or change of routine, but don't give back any of the ground you've taken!

yea ur prolly right...i never really thought about the lean mass vs body fat change...prolly losing some muscle since i've slowed with my weight training...which must be whats going on...and its been a hard few months with a lot of things in my life and i've lost my work out partner and i think that has really affected my desire and will to work out...without her pushing me to go to the gym i think i might have lost my desire...not to mention that im not gaining weight so its hard for me to be like- oh im getting fat again i should go work out...im just staying the same lol
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options

THIS
  • janereno
    janereno Posts: 4
    Options
    I think once you get into the habit of being healthy and exercising, even when you stop exercising you still stay healthy. In other words you'll still stick with healthy foods and drink lots of water, without even realizing it :)
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    You've only been changing your diet for six weeks as well. Remember, about 3500 calories goes into a pound of fat. so if you did the math, I'd expect that your increased diet is less than your BMR + 500 cal a day. Even if you were expecting as low as one pound loss per week, that's still 1000 extra calories a day that you would have to consume, plus another 500 to show any significant weight gain. A lot of us worked (or avoided working) for years to get where we are now.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    You've only been changing your diet for six weeks as well. Remember, about 3500 calories goes into a pound of fat. so if you did the math, I'd expect that your increased diet is less than your BMR + 500 cal a day. Even if you were expecting as low as one pound loss per week, that's still 1000 extra calories a day that you would have to consume, plus another 500 to show any significant weight gain. A lot of us worked (or avoided working) for years to get where we are now.

yea i guess that makes a lot of sense...like what im eating is maintenance for my current weight...
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    I think once you get into the habit of being healthy and exercising, even when you stop exercising you still stay healthy. In other words you'll still stick with healthy foods and drink lots of water, without even realizing it :)
    I guess yea cuz some things i just wont eat cuz i already kno whats in them