Please help, loose skin or fat????

Hi, i lost a lot of weight over last few years... Left with looking like this... lost about 100 lbs... by the way am 28... weight 150 lbs?
11529565_70.jpg11529565_2237.jpg
i know i have many stretchmarks i have oils for theses, but i really want to know, is sagging of skin or fat or may be both??? Thanks

Replies

• tammyc68
    tammyc68 Posts: 2
    I had gastric bypas and lost 125 lbs my skin looks just like that I was told i would need surgery to lose it and to drink lots of water.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Honestly, I'd say it looks like a little subcutaneous fat under quite a bit of loose skin; but I'm not an expert by any means.

-Edited to make my response a tiny bit more succinct, sorry :)
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    I'd say loose skin, definitely. You're clearly not "fat", by any stretch. Plastic surgery is a good option to tighten it up, but if that's not feasible for you, then drink a lot of water and keep your skin moisturized to help it shrink up a little.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    That looks like loose skin. If you pinch it and it can pull away it's skin. You should use lotions with lots of vitamin E in it. Drink plenty of water and give it time. It didn't take over night for your skin to stretch out that much so it won't take a day for it to get back to normal. I hear building muscle can help tighten thing too.
    Congrats on the big loss too! That's something to be proud of!!!
  • galoolie
    galoolie Posts: 2
    ah, thank you for kind words ;-) when i sit, there is rolls, small but there. i can pull away from body, but is not thin like paper, quite thick so makes me think perhaps fat is there also?
    i am too scared to be cut open :-( i see pictures of big cuts... im too scared for sugeries!
    water and lotion and muscles, i will try harder then..
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    First i would like to congratulate you on your weight loss !! AMAZING WORK :) !! How to get of the loose skin!?! alright ill be honest odds are you won't be able to get rid of it however there are some methods of reducing it :).

1)start strength training!!! It's pretty amazing way to tone your body and allow your skin to strech don't listen to what people say about girls shouldnt do any strength training it's bs !!!
    2)Exfoliate your skin daily to allow circulations and new skin growth. (use lotions and all that good stuff :D )
    4)DRINK ALOT OF WATER !! (1 gallon a day). Water is sooo important for your skin
    5)Keep eating healthy and keep working out !! Having a healthy lifestyle allows your body to have a faster recovery !!

Try to take WARM to let your skin shrink !! and give your skin a month or two to recover if it didn't you have to seek a plastic surgon. as far as i know its a safe surgery but i heard its painful :/ . sorry for my horrible grammar im kinda rushing it and good luck !!
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    ah, thank you for kind words ;-) when i sit, there is rolls, small but there. i can pull away from body, but is not thin like paper, quite thick so makes me think perhaps fat is there also?
    i am too scared to be cut open :-( i see pictures of big cuts... im too scared for sugeries!
    water and lotion and muscles, i will try harder then..

I agree it is likely skin with a stubborn layer of subcutaneous fat underneath. If you pinch the skin on the back of your hand that gives an idea of the thickness of skin with no or little fat underneath (it is pretty thin). If you haven't done any strength training exercises I would urge you to start doing them to try to build up lean body mass or if you are already doing some you might want to continue or step it up a bit. It will take time but I believe more improvements will come.

By the way congratulations on the weight loss. That was a tremendous accomplishment that you can be very proud of. :smile:

Here is an article that you might find interesting:

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Definitely loose skin. Could possibly need to be surgically removed.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Hi, i lost a lot of weight over last few years... Left with looking like this... lost about 100 lbs... by the way am 28... weight 150 lbs?
    i know i have many stretchmarks i have oils for theses, but i really want to know, is sagging of skin or fat or may be both??? Thanks

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! that could be me!!!!! honest!!!! this stuff just won't budge!!! I think it is skin, but I'm gonna keep working on it because stuff like this does take time.... and I don't want to go under the knife at all!!!!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! that could be me!!!!! honest!!!! this stuff just won't budge!!! I think it is skin, but I'm gonna keep working on it because stuff like this does take time.... and I don't want to go under the knife at all!!!!

sorry, I only looked at the second photo... you are definitely all skin. I still have fat holding up my skin... If you are uncomfortable with it surgery may be the way... make sure you find a highly recommended surgeon and make sure you have documentation of what exactly they will do and what you will look like and if something happens what will they do etc...

never leave anything up to chance. this is your body, your life... God bless! and congratulations on your fat loss!!!! awesome!