Level 2 30DS

Options
mg413
mg413 Posts: 39 Member
Confession: I bought Jillian's 30 Day Shred in Feb. and have been doing level 1 on and off since then. I've been too nervous to move up to level 2 because everyone was saying it's a killer. Well tonight I said to myself- It's about freakin' time to do level 2 and........... I just about died! :frown: I was feeling like a rock star on level 1 and now I feel like the pus that infects the mucus that cruds up the fungus that feeds on the pond scum (quote that movie!):wink:

Anyway- anyone out there think level 2 is crazy hard? Is it just me? And oh dear God, what's level 3 like?
(I know I gotta stick to it and it *should* get easier...I suppose I'm just venting)
.....Off to get my bucket of soap & water to clean the PUDDLE that is my sweat on the floor lol

Replies

• BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Um level 2 is not hard for me.. I do modify some moves tho. I can't do the push up position and do her work outs.. I normally do them on the wall because I get pretty dizzy when i am on the ground a long period of time (holding myself up that is) and I saw level 3 the other day because i love watching what I will be doing later on. It doesn't look as hard as 1 and 2.. I really hope that I see more results with this video because at the moment I am not liking it..
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I was feeling totally awesome about Level One as well. Then it's time to move on to Level 2 and I was sweating like crazy... Thought I was going to die. Haha. The part where she's like, "I want you to be gargling your heart." or "I want you to feel like you are going to die." Um ya! Haha. But I took a day off and did it again yesterday. Still sweated like crazy but it was definitely better! So keep at it :D
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I felt so defeated and weak that I cried the first three times I did Level 2.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I really hate Level 2. I can never put my finger on why, but level 2 seems like the one that I always end up hurting myself on. I really like level 3, though. When I did 30 day Slimdown, I'd sometimes do 3 instead of 2 when it came up in the rotation.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE ROCK STARS!!! PLEASE DON'T QUIT!
    I finished the 30 DS yesterday (Started April 23 - yeah - took NO BREAKS) I went from not even being able to do a GIRL PUSHUP to busting out full on boy pushups by the end.
    Level 2 is super hard, level 3 isn't much better, but you guys will be so strong!!! Yes i dripped buckets of sweat on my garage floor, I modified, but I pushed my stubborn self until I could do it without modifying! (a couple things I never stopped modifying like the side plank raises) BUT I lost 10.25 inches!!!!

KEEEEP GOING!!!! :drinker: You guys rock!
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    @Skenna

What moves did you modify?? And congrats!
  • Jackolina85
    Jackolina85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 today...it's definitely not as easy as level 1. I'm up for the challenge though. Just stick with it, it'll get easier with time I'm sure. :)
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    for some reason level 1 leaves me more sore than the other 2 levels . and Ive been doing it for about a year
  • AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    First of all, the quote is from "My Best Friend's Wedding" with Julia Roberts! What do I win?! lol.

Ya, I hate Level 2, I just finished it for the 2nd time around. Moving on to Level 3 tonite.
    I think L2 is really hard because there is a lot of shoulder work, and most women are not upper body strong.
    But keep pushing and you will see a difference. I usually do one rep of the modified version and one rep of the regular version while doing it.

Good luck! And remember, don't throw anything at your tv when J.M. gets on your last nerve. :)
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Mmmporkrinds Posts: 192
    Options
    Yeah I found it very hard at first, but you build up strength quite quickly. I never thought I'd be able to do plank jacks for the whole time, but within a couple of weeks I could. I still have trouble with the chair squats but even that's getting easier. Good luck!
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    This is my second time doing the shred and I am currently on level 2..I freaken hate it with a passion. I found 3 easier than 2...Keep it up though. I gained sooooo much strength doing all three levels!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Now I'm scared! Haha I'm halfway through level 1. We can do it!
  • jkb1129
    jkb1129 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!! One thing I've found with Jillian is that you can VERY quickly see improvement when you do her exercises. I did a round of 30 DS, then moved on to ripped in 30 (a four-week program), and am now back for another round of 30 DS. At first I found A LOT of the moves challenging and could barely do them even when modifying the versions. Now, I hardly do any modifications and can even do "real" pushups - something I've never been able to do in my entire life!

I've lost about 13 pounds since I started doing JIllian's DVDs and logging food on MFP - her workouts are killer but they produce results. I also found level 3 easier than level 2 if that's any motivation. Just stick with it!
  • mg413
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and motivation!! That's why I LOVE mfp :) Also thanks to everyone for making me feel like I can move onto level 3 when ready and not be stuck scared for 4 months lol
  • mg413
    Options
    First of all, the quote is from "My Best Friend's Wedding" with Julia Roberts! What do I win?! lol.

Good luck! And remember, don't throw anything at your tv when J.M. gets on your last nerve. :)

Congrats!! You get 10 points:bigsmile:
    and yes- it's a great reminder no to throw my weights at the tv @ Jillian. I can't even believe I bought a JM dvd because I can't stand her (that's mean....) but I actually like her in the 30ds. It's a love/hate relationship