Pouched Eggs?

Options
Hi there,

Okay, so I have just started to use myfitnesspal to track what I eat, and overall I think its a pretty good app. I am a 43 year old male, 170lbs, 5' 10" and in "okay" shape. I've got a simple of goal of loosing 5 to 8 pounds and tone up a little .. and to hopefully get a flatter stomach.

Anyway, I noticed when I entered pouched eggs into my diary, it gave me a total of 110 for fat and considering that my suggested fat intake for the day should be 70, this seems very high. Do eggs really contain that much fat? I have pouched eggs three times a week, on homemade honey wheat toast BTW.

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't reading the cholesterol level? Eggs alone (poached or not) only have 5 grams of fat.
  • SilMarillion
    Options
    It was my mistake... (well, sort of)... I selected the first "Homemade pouched eggs" I found in the food library, and who ever entered this into the library had entered 110 for the fat content! I have since searched for another version of homemade pouched eggs, and found the "Egglands Best", which like you say, has only 5.7g!.... yeah