**** Ladies ONLY****

Question for those of you who have lost a good amount of weight and had urinary incontence issues. At 45 I am dealing with the " don't sneeze or else" " sudden urges" "Get up 2-3 times at night" and so on....

If you had similar issues did it get better with weight loss? Or did you get a mesh sling put in ? If so did you go to your OBGYN or a Urologist??

I hate the feeling of feeling like I am going to burst if I don't go right then and there!! Reminds me of being pregnate and that was miserible for me!!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Colette
Ps: I am not diabetic, sugar has been checked and it is fine!!

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    I've had a little problem with holding it in since I was pregnant. I still have a problem where I can't really jump or run unless I go first but it has gotten better (it was I couldn't jump at all even when I did go before hand). I just make sure I empty out before doing my exercises and my muscles seem to be getting stronger down there as well so I can exercise longer without having to worry about going.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    The weight didn't seem to be an influence one way or the other... I had the mesh sling put in by a urologist. Made a huge difference. Good luck to you!
  • terry_mtb
    terry_mtb Posts: 45
    At night I go every hour ..I am not kidding..I have not had eight hours sleep forever..I tried the meds for it but it effected my vision, I told the drs..of course all i heard is its par for the course of getting older...IT DRIVES ME NUTS>>>
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    do kegals. i do them all the time, basically any time I'm sitting still (car, computer, work, preparing food at the counter... etc)
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    At night I go every hour ..I am not kidding..I have not had eight hours sleep forever..I tried the meds for it but it effected my vision, I told the drs..of course all i heard is its par for the course of getting older...IT DRIVES ME NUTS>>>

I am so with you on that one. I usually go to bed at midnight and get up about 6:30 and only wake up once about 4 to go BUT if I am tired and try to go to bed at 10:00 I wake up at 1.....4......6..... UGH!!!!

Thanks for all the fast replies. I am at a loss and was hoping it would get better. Guess not. Nothing worse that jumping up and down at your daughters baseballl games and about to lose it on yourself.

Much love...
    Colette
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    do kegals. i do them all the time, basically any time I'm sitting still (car, computer, work, preparing food at the counter... etc)

Great idea!! Will try this too. Just not keen about going under the knife and I work in the healthcare business...LOL