Need help, ready to give up!

Options
I know i have been posting alot on here, but im just about ready to give up. I've become extremely frustrated and obsessed over calories in and calories burned and how many im actually getting. My stats are 21 5'5 and 140 pounds i have not lost in about a month the most i have lost is 5 pounds after a video workout, and no my clothes do not fit better or loser. I eat every 3 hours starting from 830 in the morning and hit the gym around 915. On cardio days i run on the treadmil(30 min)l doing interval training or Zumba( instructor status) and on weight days i do a program called RiPPED, i also have my own weights i use at home. i usually weight train twice a week sometimes three. I also follow online programs from Bodyrocktv.com MFP has me set at 1400. On days where i don't push myself i find it very hard to eat my calorie goal. Please help me lose weight, i need as much advice as possible, before i lose my own mind. Im beyond afraid to up my calories!!! the last thing i want to do is gain. But based on my activity level i feel like that might be the problem. Suggestions? help?

Replies

• andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I've been reading alot on here about making sure you eat at least as many calories as your BMR. I guess if you aren't eating enough calories, you can't lose weight. My problem is knowing how many more calories I need to stay above BMR when I'm working out. Do a search in here on BMR and you will find a lot of posts. One sent me to http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ to find out what my bmr is and it is higher than the 1600 calories that MFP is giving me. Another website I read was about overtraining and that is at http://www.shapefit.com/overtraining-exercising-too-much.html . Check these out and check out the other post online for ideas and advice. Good Luck!
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    I've been reading alot on here about making sure you eat at least as many calories as your BMR. I guess if you aren't eating enough calories, you can't lose weight. My problem is knowing how many more calories I need to stay above BMR when I'm working out. Do a search in here on BMR and you will find a lot of posts. One sent me to http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ to find out what my bmr is and it is higher than the 1600 calories that MFP is giving me. Another website I read was about overtraining and that is at http://www.shapefit.com/overtraining-exercising-too-much.html . Check these out and check out the other post online for ideas and advice. Good Luck!:smile:
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    I've been reading alot on here about making sure you eat at least as many calories as your BMR. I guess if you aren't eating enough calories, you can't lose weight. My problem is knowing how many more calories I need to stay above BMR when I'm working out. Do a search in here on BMR and you will find a lot of posts. One sent me to http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ to find out what my bmr is and it is higher than the 1600 calories that MFP is giving me. Another website I read was about overtraining and that is at http://www.shapefit.com/overtraining-exercising-too-much.html . Check these out and check out the other post online for ideas and advice. Good Luck!:smile:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to up your calories and/or drop some of the exercise. Maybe drop to an hour a day? I was scared to up my calories too and still have a very hard time getting enough, but I am within a few hundred calories each day of what I should get. Go to fat2fitradio.com and enter in your info. to calculate your BMR and recommended caloric intake. I set my caloric goal for what they said I should eat in a day if sedentary then enter my exercise calories and try to eat no less than half of those calories back. Some days I can do it, others I can't. I suspect you are netting WAY below your BMR, which I have learned not to do. Your body is fighting you and it is conserving to try and survive. At the beginning of my workout program, a nutritionist talked to us and said that if your body can't get the protein it needs to power your workouts, it will get it from your muscles. This is exactly OPPOSITE of what you want. My workout program recommends 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat, and since I started eating more protein, I have more energy to work out, too. I did have to start taking a protein shake, which I mix myself with protein powder. Must admit, still very short on protein many days, but I am doing much better than I did.

Try to follow the Fat2Fit recommendations for just one week. You may gain a bit intitally as your body "re-sets" but stick with it, and you will probably break through the plateau. You also might lose more slowly, as I can't believe you have much left to lose!
  • las5529
    las5529 Posts: 15
    Options
    thank you for taking the time to respond, i went back on fit2fat and it said my resting state is 1429 and a sedentary lifestyle is 1636 which is what i now have MFP set to and i will add in exercise everyday hopefully this works. Im still confused on how many calories my net should be around though, any help with that? and as for food, I have done so much research and really believe i am eating clean and very healthy. I was on a calorie deficit for a very long time before MFP and did not realize it, i would eat below 1200 after factoring in calories from exercise and did this for about 3 years. If you can believe it I actually gained about 10 pounds, later to find out that my body was in starvation mode and holding onto every single calorie put in. Recently i have brought myself out of this routine, still struggling to hit my calories some days.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you're using sedentary, your NET should be 1636.

And you're losing weight slowly, and stalling because you are already at a healthy weight for your height, you aren't overweight. You should stop thinking "weight loss." Think "body recomposition" if you aren't satisfied with your appearance.