Houston Texas Here!!!

Options
Good morning everyone!!!!

I'm excited about this new adventure. I've previously done Spark People, Weight Watchers, Dukan Diet, and sitting on the couch. Some of these programs provided me with great success, and others not so much. I recently lost 30 pounds on the Dukan Diet, and I have an upcoming wedding (I'm the bride to be). I'm trying to just maintain a healthy lifestyle while learning how to eat properly and live normal. With the Dukan Diet, it excluded so much, but it gave me the kick start I needed to continue. I'm currently doing an outdoor boot camp 4 days a week, and am loving it. I've done one once before, and I forgot how much I love it and become so involved with it.

So...for anyone on the west side of Houston (Katy area) hit me up!

Congratulations to everyone for making the commitment!

Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Great success!! Have fun at ur bootcamp! I'm from "GO SPURS GO"
  • Kellybel1
    Kellybel1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, hope your still doing well on your journey! I am in Katy too! Cinco Ranch! Are you still using My Fitness Pal?

~Kelly
  • Violetpeacock74
    Options
    Im in Houston too, not Katy, but Pearland. Uk expat living out here, and feeling the last 5 years of Texas sized portions..

:)
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im in Houston too, not Katy, but Pearland. Uk expat living out here, and feeling the last 5 years of Texas sized portions..

:)

I'm in Pearland too. I understand about those Texas sized portions!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not in Houston, but I'm not too far away... from the Golden Triangle (Beaumont - Port Arthur - Orange) area.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm close by in Cypress. Welcome!! : )
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh what part of Katy??? I was raised near the Bear Creek area....whoot whoot!!!!! However, i currently live in Dallas.
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Go Houston!!...Well...it should really go...at least about half of its restaurants so I'm not so tempted lol.
  • BeccaStripling
    Options
    I'm new to the MyFitnessPal program too. I'm in Sugar Land, I'm learning to eat healthy and lose 25 pounds before my wedding in November. I have tried Dukan and hated not being able to eat fresh fruit. It is interesting to track not only caloric content but nutritional value with this program. Best of life to you!
  • barwood
    barwood Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm in Magnolia
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    MPF is a great site....Welcome aboard! I'm from Humble, about to move to Spring!
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey!! Another Pearland person here!! Welcome!
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Spring here!!
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! League City here!
  • Meggeler
    Meggeler Posts: 42
    Options
    New Caney here. Yea I know, "Where in the hell is New Caney". Look North . . . NorthEast. :smile:
  • 1964tracey
    1964tracey Posts: 2
    Options
    Another devoted member of the Pearland, Texas my fitness pal club.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm FROM the Houston area (grew up in La Porte, which is southeast of Houston between Seabrook and Baytown) but I live in Colorado now! Loved growing up where I did on the water, but the pollution and congestion would keep me from going back now... that and the fact that there are no bugs and very little humidity in CO.

At any rate... still love to see TX folks on MFP! Good luck on your journey here... feel free to add me as a friend if you're taking "foreigners"!

All the best,
    Jen
  • diamondrn8
    diamondrn8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    West Houston here!
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am misplaced Texan living in Utah.. I was born and raised in Houston.. Feel free to add me...
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Katie - you are in the right place. Some of my misplaced Texas friends have already posted here. My mfp family have supported me and pushed me to do better everyday. You are going to great!!

I'm in Webster. Love it down here.

Add me if you'd like ~
    Teri