MFP Recognition!

Options
Kikers123
Kikers123 Posts: 101 Member
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/hi-tech-tools-getting-shape-235234324.html Hi tech tools for getting in staying in shape

I don't know about anybody else but this made me feel like a proud mama lol.

MyFitnessPal

If job one in undertaking a weight loss program is getting clearance from your physician, job two is understanding your food intake. Web site and mobile app MyFitnessPal is built for just this purpose, and it'll do it in exhaustive detail. With a vast database of foods (generic, restaurant, and packaged) if you put in the effort to keep it current it'll reward you with detailed breakdowns of not only your calorie intake, but also your daily consumption of protein, carbs, fat, salt, sugar, vitamins and minerals.

Don't underestimate the grunt-work involved in doing this, but MyFitnessPal's slick mobile app makes it about as hassle-free as it can be -- it'll even use your phone's camera to recognize a product's barcode and automatically pull up its nutritional info. Other, arguably prettier alternatives exist (notably Lance Armstrong's Livestrong.com) but we found MyFitnessPal to be the most streamlined.

Replies

• arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I just love MFP and am glad to see it getting recognition as an excellent site.