I need answers ASAP ! :))))))))))))))

Options
My problem is I keep gaining back my last 4 pounds, 3 weeks ago I stopped at 165, plateau. Then I did some calorie cycling but roughly worked, the process was very slow, like 1 pound per week until I reached 162 last 2 days ago and now I'm 164, I got horrified. For this week I upped my calories from 1,214(my recommended cals) to 1,500 for the belief that It might help lose again at the rate of 2 pounds per week. My height is 5'9 and my current weight is 164. How can I stop my body from regaining the pounds that I currently lost? I think I need an immediate solution because I think I'll still gain some for the next few days.

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you getting?
  • zurxath
    zurxath Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm sedentary, I don't do any exercises.
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm sedentary, I don't do any exercises.

Is this by choice?
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    First off, very proud of you for admitting you do no exercise! I dieted for quite some time, successfully, without anymore exercise than walking to the tube station. At some point though, and not saying this is true for you, I had to bring in the exercise.

Now I'm a big fan of the eat more to weigh less group that has started here on mfp -- so check that out. There are ways to calculate the number of calories you should be eating whether you are very active or sedentary!

Best of luck!
  • baktra
    baktra Posts: 1
    Options
    I think there is no quick fix really. i am currently on Jenny craig jsut to make my stomach to get used to consume less food than usual. and i also listen every day weight loss hypnosis from itunes.

so far ater 2 week with no excercise - 10 lbs away.

good luck!!
  • AmyBinthe603
    AmyBinthe603 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Think about cutting out carbs completely for days (except low carb veggies). Lean meats and veggies only for a few days may get you over the hump. Works for me
  • Warley_x
    Warley_x Posts: 62
    Options
    I personally wouldnt increase my kcal intake when you are not burning off the extra kcals as you don't exercise. If you boost your kcals, boost your fitness x
  • zurxath
    Options
    nope, i'm really just a lazy person.haha.
  • zurxath
    Options
    I bet, you watched that Mariah Carey commercial, I'm a fan :) haha.
  • zurxath
    Options
    Thanks people.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    nope, i'm really just a lazy person.haha.

Your answer: Exercise.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Increasing physical activity increases metabolism which increases weight loss. Without some sort of physical activity your body will simply reduce it's metabolic rate. If you're serious about losing the weight you're going to have to stop being lazy and start moving. It isn't rocket science.
  • dianevball
    dianevball Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm posting for the first time:) I, too, am 5'9 and 164 pounds. My BMR is about 1500 cals. Eating 1200 calories a day is crazy low. Also, attempting to lose 2 lbs a week is setting yourself up for failure because you would have to eat significantly below your BMR to do it. 164 was my original goal, but I'm now attempting to get to 155 slowly and without stressing about it. I aim for about 200 cals below my TDEE which is about 2000. If I eat between 1700 and 2000 cals I'm good with it. If you want to lose more you need to eat more. Besides, nothing is worth being miserable and I can't imagine you're feeling good only eating 1200 a day.

Good luck!