binge

Options
shocke
shocke Posts: 14 Member
I just had a massive,massive,massive binge.
Like thousands of calories
I feel like trash
can people share there binging experiences ( I am just going to assume everybody has one to feel less guilty)?
I feel really bad and need to know there are people out there who have gone through the same thing and still lost weight!

Replies

• PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I am in recovery from various forms of eating disorders. At one point, I would binge until I threw up (not purging...actually just barfing). It's not fun, and you definitely feel terrible.

I have a few questions for you: What's your typical calorie goal? If you are depriving yourself, that may be the reason why your body wants to binge. I would suggest increasing your daily goal and be super consistent with it.

Also, try to identify triggers in your life. Binges aren't usually because you're hungry. Are you stressed about something going on? Perhaps it's underlying, I would try to figure that out and find a different coping mechanism than eating (try yoga, a slow walk, deep breathing, meditation, etc).

Good luck to you! x
  • shocke
    shocke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hey thanks so much :)
    do you mind if I look through your diary and draw som inspiration?
    Are you mantaining or trying to lose weight?
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    sorry i just saw this! You're welcome to look at my diary. So far I'm maintaining, but I'm not eating at maintenance...my metabolism is pretty wonky.
  • petite_boleyn
    petite_boleyn Posts: 144
    Options
    I just had a binge too. Almost 2000 calories, and I feel terrible. Even though I purged up most of it. My caloric intake is insanely low and I KNOW this, I'm just scared to go over 800.

So I know this might not be the "right" response, but just know that you're not alone. Feel free to message me whenever.