Buying New Clothes

Options
So when does everyone start buying new clothes. I have lost weight since last summer (before joining MFP)so some of my summer clothes are getting baggy. In fact people at work have told me so! LOL They also tell me that I should stop hiding behind my clothes. I actually never really realized that I was hiding, but now I agree.

Replies

• eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    If you are still in the process of losing more weight i would suggest goodwill or local thrift stores...and do the big shopping spree once you reach your goal.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself something snazzy now! It feels great to try on things that previously had been way to small. Don't go crazy with the $$, since you still have more to lose, but the motivational kick you get when putting on a small size is fantastic and you owe it to yourself! :bigsmile:
  • imaglo52
    imaglo52 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today I put on my Gloria Vanderbuilt size 14 jeans they have been in the drawer for three years. I have lost 30 lbs and have hit a plateau so I am hoping they will inspire me to eat better and exercise more. Nice dress Congrats!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you are still in the process of losing more weight i would suggest goodwill or local thrift stores...and do the big shopping spree once you reach your goal.

I second this ^^^^ I have had a lot of my dresses altered to my current size.
  • ChristaMcC
    ChristaMcC Posts: 8
    Options
    Goodwill (You'd be surprised at the nice things you can find, just be sure to wash them first) and you can also alter down what you already have that are your favs. Congrats on the loss!!! Keep it up!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I buy new clothes when they are literally hanging off of me. Like I can pull off pants w/out undoing the snaps... by then I know for sure I'm in the next size.

Then, I start at consignment shops and occasionally goodwill. You could also check out outlet stores or discount stores (Dots, etc).
  • jendan44
    jendan44 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks. Great ideas!
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I buy when I need them, but some things I only buy at thrift stores. Since I'm far from where I want to be, I can't imagine myself spending so much money on temporary clothing. I'll save that when I'm down to where I want to be.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I buy them when needed. It feels GREAT to buy new clothes and reward yourself for your hard work. I went crazy for a while once I could shop in regular stores instead of the plus size section LOL. I just ordered a few shirts today because all my summer casual t-shirts are WAY too big. I'm holding off on anymore major purchases until this fall when I can hopefully be another size smaller.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If your still losing, goodwill/thrift stores. New clothes buy maybe one new hip outfit, I have been through all my big clothes, bought one new pair of pants and a month later I'm swimming in them. Going to goodwill this weekend to donate AND shop :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!