Not losing :o(

Options
Been hard at it for over two weks now and have lost 3lbs. The problem is I lost that in the first 3 days so it was water. I am eating 1200c daily am exercising but not to excess. I'm so pissed off, I know 3lb is a good weightlos, but I haven't lost an oz in 10 days. Am I eating too few or too many calories? I'm 46 and 179.5lbs. I fully intend to keep on and think I'm probably just whinging, but I'd really appreciate some advice x

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it and don't weigh in every day. You have to remember you are shocking your body and it needs to figure out this new lift style...keep at it and the weight will come off.

Also your profile is private so I can not see you diary.
  • karavanderkooy
    karavanderkooy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too bad. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained a pound. I exercise everyday and eat my 1200 calories daily. Maybe this week my body has stalled. I will wait until next week to do another weigh in. Don't be discouraged, keep exercising and eating properly and it will happen for you. It takes time, be patient!
  • GoTanieGo
    GoTanieGo Posts: 24
    Options
    We want what we want, when we want it. It takes TIME. Be patient, keep motivated, make good food choices, exercise...and you will see results. It's never as fast as we want it. Don't lose hope, or the complacency demons will getcha! Feel free to add me. I've got a long road ahead, but I'll get there, one step at a time, one pound at a time.
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Remember, no 1200 calories are the same. Are you watching the protein/carb/fat percentages as well? Personally, I think MFP sets the carbs too high and the protein too low. Try playing around with the percentages and see if that gets things going. Try the "traditional" 40/30/30 (protein,carb,fat) ratio and don't exceed in any category for one whole week and see what happens.
  • mandybobs65
    mandybobs65 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, I've been keeping the carbs slightly lower and the protein slightly higher. i don't expect huge losses but I'd have been pleased with a pound :o)