New Bike for My Birthday!!!!!!

Options
Woo HOO! It's no secret that I am not a fan of RUNNING. I do it for the cardio, but I don't like it. So my AWESOME hubby bought me a new bike for my birthday (old one was stolen:mad: and the hand me down has bent wheels:grumble: ). I CAN NOT WAIT to jump on it and take off (tomorrow, I love early presents:happy:)

Now that I have a form of cardio that I love, I just know i'll be burning up the miles and calories!

Replies

• michelechavez
    Options
    Congratulations on the new bike. I love to ride, too. I hope you will post some of your cycling adventures.
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    :smile: The first adventure will be getting used to the helmet! I learned to ride a bike back when most cars didn't have seatbelts in the back..........

I'll post a pic.......if I can remember my photobucket password:wink:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I want a bike! :love:
  • me525
    Options
    Walmart has them on sale:happy: I'm not ready for a hardcore "training" bike yet, maybe after I drop these 40lbs:wink:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! I'd love one! Whoop whoop x
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Walmart has them on sale:happy: I'm not ready for a hardcore "training" bike yet, maybe after I drop these 40lbs:wink:

BOOT TO HEAD

friends don't even let their enemies ride WalMart 'bikes'.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I got a bike right before Easter and I LOVE it! I am not a serious biker by any means so i got a Beach cruiser, it even came with a bell! I know i probably look like a dork riding along on my bubble gum pink bike but I could care less what others are thinking! I put my ipod on and just take off through the neighborhood. I will give you a few pieces of advice...use the sidewalk, cars get really annoyed when you are in their space and always be aware of others because people in cars are so pre occupied with their cell phones and GPS and radios they tend to block us bikers out! Enjoy your new bike...and the new hard as a rock butt and legs you will get from it!!
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think she is talking about the Helmet from Walmart...
  • me525
    Options

BOOT TO HEAD

LOL!!!! I honestly don't even shop at walmart:smile: I'm a Target Girl, I just noticed that walmart had a sale......... I'm a money saver:happy:
  • me525
    Options
    I got a bike right before Easter and I LOVE it! I am not a serious biker by any means so i got a Beach cruiser, it even came with a bell! I know i probably look like a dork riding along on my bubble gum pink bike but I could care less what others are thinking! I put my ipod on and just take off through the neighborhood. I will give you a few pieces of advice...use the sidewalk, cars get really annoyed when you are in their space and always be aware of others because people in cars are so pre occupied with their cell phones and GPS and radios they tend to block us bikers out! Enjoy your new bike...and the new hard as a rock butt and legs you will get from it!!

I hear Ya! I'll have to ride @ the butt crack of dawn though to get it in before a: my hubby goes to work, and b: the heat index breaks 100 (where I live that's now until september:noway: )

I can't wait for the rock hard butt:happy:
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YAY! I just got a new bike too and can't wait to ride for the first time. I need to get me a new seat though because ouch. LOL
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options

BOOT TO HEAD

Sure they do, not everyone can afford even a used proper bike and at least it's exercise.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Have a great time on your new bike !
  • me525
    Options
    YAY! I just got a new bike too and can't wait to ride for the first time. I need to get me a new seat though because ouch. LOL

Yeah, I'm not sure about the seat on it, and I'm not looking forward to the pain, but the end result will be WORTH IT!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    pics or it didnt happen
  • me525
    Options
    pics or it didnt happen

LOL, I know that's right..... I wish I could upload to this site from my phone, maybe they can add that to the app:) Pics will be posted as soon as it's delivered!
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ...use the sidewalk, cars get really annoyed when you are in their space and always be aware of others because people in cars are so pre occupied with their cell phones and GPS and radios they tend to block us bikers out!

As preoccupied as they may be and even if you feel safer; in many areas it is against the law to ride your bicycle on the sidewalk and requires you to ride on the road and observe all the same signs/lights/traffic rules as a vehicle. Might want to check into your local laws before hitting the sidewalks. As trivial as it may seem; some places are really anal about this and, as many other bigger crimes as they may have to worry about, will still take the time to cite riding a bike illegally.
  • me525
    Options
    ...use the sidewalk, cars get really annoyed when you are in their space and always be aware of others because people in cars are so pre occupied with their cell phones and GPS and radios they tend to block us bikers out!

As preoccupied as they may be and even if you feel safer; in many areas it is against the law to ride your bicycle on the sidewalk and requires you to ride on the road and observe all the same signs/lights/traffic rules as a vehicle. Might want to check into your local laws before hitting the sidewalks. As trivial as it may seem; some places are really anal about this and, as many other bigger crimes as they may have to worry about, will still take the time to cite riding a bike illegally.

I do plan on riding in the street. I live in a quiet neighborhood, and will have to ride in the early dawn hours, doubt many people will be up:) That's a good idea though, and I'll do that before I head outside of my little neighborhood. Thanks for the advice........ P.S, your "bike" looks awesome!
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I do plan on riding in the street. I live in a quiet neighborhood, and will have to ride in the early dawn hours, doubt many people will be up:) That's a good idea though, and I'll do that before I head outside of my little neighborhood. Thanks for the advice........ P.S, your "bike" looks awesome!
    [/quote]

Thanks. I'm still trying to decide if the websites that give burned calorie counts for riding a motorcycle actually are true. If so, I'm going to start riding WAAAAY more, lol. That would be the easiest, funnest exercise EVER!
  • me525
    Options

[/quote]

Thanks. I'm still trying to decide if the websites that give burned calorie counts for riding a motorcycle actually are true. If so, I'm going to start riding WAAAAY more, lol. That would be the easiest, funnest exercise EVER!
    [/quote]

That would be the most fun exercise ever!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!